Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Auto braking reverse

Views : 659

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2024, 19:36   #1
Paul-C

Default Auto braking reverse

My, new to me, xc60 B5P MY 23 ultimate has on two occasions caused me to think I have reversed into a brick wall.
On both occasions I was reversing into a parking space spending time looking all round the car (not got used to the cameras, although they are clever I don’t trust them yet) and next thing I know is the car stops dead.
After checking for broken lamp posts etc there’s a message looking at me saying auto brakes operated.
I cannot find the write up on the issue on the Volvo app so any info appreciated
Thanks
PS
Cars going into workshop, problem with some software causing a loud screeching noise coming over the speakers that’s also taking out the bliss and radar alarms
Do you remember the days when you could understand how cars worked!
Paul-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2024, 20:11   #2
EssexExile
Master Member

I've no idea about the braking but I had the screeching speakers off and on for a bit. It hasn't done it for a couple of years so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's fixed itself.
Old Mar 1st, 2024, 20:21   #3
Paul-C

The workshop know what the problem is their changing a “unit” next week
My issue was three times in a week, thought it as going through a breakers yard!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 10:53   #4
Simon703

I’ve been caught out on the odd occasion with Auto Braking, very disconcerting. I’ve had it reversing into a parking space, it has detected movement behind the space, can be sensitive and picked up cars moving 10/20 feet away. Same for pedestrians on a pavement.
It’s more sensitive on the 24my than my previous 2020 XC60. you were able to adjust sensitivity on the 2020 car, but not on the 24my.

Last edited by Simon703; Mar 2nd, 2024 at 10:56.
Simon703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:33   #5
Paul-C

Simon, can you disable it?
its disconcerting when it happens, but yesterday when it happened there was a queue of traffic waiting whilst I reversed and of course when it happens you have to get out and have a look around, god knows what the drivers watching think when your looking around what is uninterrupted space stopping them from moving!!
Old Mar 2nd, 2024, 19:32   #6
Simon703

Yes. It is possible to deactivate;
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...=Auto+braking+
Simon703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 09:04   #7
AB-UK
Premier Member

Does the auto-brake still activate if you are applying slight pressure on the brake pedal whilst reversing?
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AB-UK For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 15:16   #8
Hadajag

I cannot understand anyone wishing to disable this feature. It works both in reverse and forward motion and the distance at which it works afaics somewhat depends on speed. It often activates when I am turning my car on my drive. Usually at low speed it leaves less than a foot clearance to the wall or hedge.
Unfortunately a fault developed in this system resulting in a service required notification about an hour before a very low speed collision with the back of an HGV. (See my recent threads for details).
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 18:51   #9
vonRypp

I am disabling it every time I am reversing as I have had several near-heart-attack monent with it. It’s extremely sensitive. Once I wanted to back up on a steep incline and the system felt I am backing into a wall and smashed the brakes made me thinking I backed into something. I am also parking in a tight space in my garden and the system doesn’t allow me, so I have to turn it off everytime I am coming home.

The 360 degree camera is much better.
Old Mar 3rd, 2024, 19:15   #10
Hadajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonRypp View Post

The 360 degree camera is much better.
I find the auto brake and 360 camera pretty well agree. I have also reversed many a time on a steep incline and have not experienced your problem. Is this due to the position of the sensors which maybe set higher on my XC than your VCC.