Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

National BKV - 26th June 2016

Views : 7836

Replies : 56

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 30th, 2016, 21:09   #21
Rich850R
Master Member

Gutted can't make this year, mother in laws 60th..

Hope to make the northern BKV
Rich850R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2016, 05:55   #22
Prufrock
I've Been Banned

As this is the VOCs premier annual event perhaps it should remain at the TOP of the sticky pile!

Jon
700/900 Register Keeper VOC.
Prufrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28th, 2016, 11:34   #23
Northmannia
VOC Member

just sent my leave form off, so if it's approved i'll be there with a couple cars
Northmannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2016, 16:36   #24
Clark
850R+240GLT = Happiness

Thumbs up Annual event

Hey all,

I was wondering where this event is?

Thankfully it's on a Sunday

Is it a massive gathering of Volvo enthusiasts? I've been looking forward to a massive 'Volvo gathering' for a while now since I got my 850R. My Dad could also bring his 240 GLT.

Thanks.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29th, 2016, 17:06   #25
tt82
Forum Support Team

Theres a link on the first post which gives you the following details-

Quote:
The 2016 Volvo Owners Club National Rally and BKV will be held at Thorseby Hall Thoresby Park, Ollerton, Nottinghamshire NG22 9WH.
The event was last held here in 2012.

The main event will be on Sunday June 26th. As usual the club will be paying for caravan and camping facilities from Thursday 23rd until Monday 27th.
You must be a club member to be able stay on site.

David and Jan Ovenden have, once again, kindly agreed to act as marshals for caravans and tents, so please report to them on arrival.

There are number of water taps on the site.
Raised BBQs are permitted

Dogs on leads are welcome, please clear up your dogs mess, bring your own water bowl. There are water taps on site

We will have the usual toilet facilities and a Skip for your rubbish etc.
It is hoped that Paul and Alison Wildsmith will put on another excellent quiz night for us on Friday night

Saturday night’s entertainment Is yet to be decided upon. Any ideas will be welcome.

The meal will be a Hog Roast provided by Two Counties who have served us very well in recent years. It will again be at the subsidised cost of £10ph.

The menu will be published in due course, but will be vey similar to the menu for 2015.

Please order your Saturday Night meal through Dave and Jan Ovenden by Thursday 16 June in order that we can confirm numbers with the caterers.

Two Counties Hog Roast are also providing mobile catering for your refreshments on Sunday.

Volvo Owners Club Photographic Competition Rules
Following the success of this years competition, there will be a photo competition. The categories for 2016 being 'Volvo' and ‘Open'.

All photographs must be original, non-composition, previously unpublished and taken after 31st May 2015.
Minimum size of 15cm X 10cm, maximum size of 30cm X 22cm.
Name, membership number and contact details should be written on the reverse (Email or telephone number)
Maximum of two entries per member, per category. Categories are “Volvo” and “Open”.
The closing date for postal entries is Saturday 18th June 2016 Entries on 26th June 2016 at Thorseby will be accepted until 14.00hrs.
Entries will not be accepted from professional photographers and club directors.
The judges’ decision will be final.
Winning photographs will be printed in Driver, providing a digital copy of the image can be provided.
Postal entries should be sent to Jaki Ragg, address as director. Photographs will only be returned if a SAE is provided.
The display board will be in the main marquee.

On Sunday we have confirmed.

Volvo Saab Breakers with a numbers of cars to show and spares for the more modern car.

You are welcome to bring auto jumble to the event. There is no charge.
You are also more than welcome to have your own stall at the event again we make no charge.
Please note we cannot guarantee that tables/chairs will be available for stall holders.
Please contact Nigel Ayling/Jaki Ragg if you wish to have stall.
We will update you as further progress is made

Important Please Note.
If you have been a member of the VOC for at least 6 months you can take advantage of the Volvo Affinity scheme when buying a new car.
Now VCUK have arranged an extra £500 discount for 2016.
to get that extra discount all you need to do is attend an official club event where there is a director in attendance and get a voucher from him/her. The voucher is valid for 90 days from date off issue.

The main events where Directors will be in attendance are The National/Northern /Southern BKVs

The Amazon, 340 model meetings and Sussex Section annual event at Bentley Wild Fowl and museum.

You can contact Nigel Ayling for confirmation of Director attendance at a particular event.

Below are a few bits of information about the day.

Refreshments are available to purchase from a mobile catering unit.

VOC members wishing to enter their car into the Best Kept Volvo competition should collect an entry form from the club official at the entrance to the site or from the marquee. You must produce a current VOC membership card.
A condition of entry of vehicles for judging is that it MUST be road legal and have been driven to the event to qualify.
Please leave the completed form on the dash.
The judges will need to access the boot and under bonnet in order to conduct the judging so please leave the car open.
You must ensure the safety of your own property.

The VOC membership, Merchandising and the raffle will all be in the marquee.
Please sign the attendance register that is at the membership desk and enter the distance you have travelled TODAY to get to the event.
The entries for the photographic competition should be place on the appropriate board near the main marquee. If you wish your photo returned please leave a SAE with your photo and name and address on rear of photo.
The sales and wants board will be in the same area.
Chris Knott insurance consultants will be in/near the marquee.
Please dispose of rubbish in the bags in the marquee or take it home with you.
Auto jumble should be neatly set out in a manner that will not cause any person injury.
We hope you enjoy the day. If you wish to speak with any of the club directors or other officials please go to the membership desk and your enquiry will be dealt with there.
Board of Directors
VolvoOwners Club

tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2016, 11:42   #26
mantee78

Hi. I live just few minutes away from the Park and I would like to see you guys on that meeting. I can came Saturday and Sunday, no need to stay overnight. I can also help you with some local things if you want, just let me know.
mantee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2016, 17:27   #27
Fergie35
Club Director

Thank you Mantee for your kind offer.
I live about 45 miles from Thoresby so any local knowledge will be gratefully received.
I will email you with details of where we are at the moment and what we would appreciate assistance with.

Jaki Ragg
Fergie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fergie35 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 5th, 2016, 17:34   #28
mantee78

Ok, waiting for email from you

If someone have not been in the area for a while, there is new pub/restaurant on the A614/A6075 round about, close to Park and (now) the nicest place around:

http://www.alderspubollerton.co.uk
mantee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2016, 12:47   #29
Fergie35
Club Director

Default Photographic Competition

Just a reminder that the closing date for postal entries to the photographic competition is Saturday 18th June 2016. Entries will be accepted on the day.
As in previous years there are two categories, "Volvo" and "Open", which means any subject matter.
A full list of rules and the address for postal entries is on page 10 of the April edition of Driver

Jaki Ragg
Fergie35 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fergie35 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 1st, 2016, 11:40   #30
Oldbrook
VOC Member

Hi i will be attending on the Sunday only, looking forward to it. Dave
Oldbrook is offline   Reply With Quote