Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Running Board

Views : 455

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 6th, 2017, 10:37   #1
NandM

Default Running Board

Can I get any real-world experience/thoughts on the running boards for the XC90.

Reading Swedespeed seems to be mostly negative - mainly people catching the back of their leg. I think this may because getting out requires a slightly different maneuver as posters have said.
NandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2017, 12:14   #2
Torshen

I have boards on mine (pics here) and like them a lot.

Admittedly I'm 6'4'' so have no trouble stretching my legs over them, and admittedly my main reason for liking them is aesthetic but I'm still glad I have them.

And previous experience (XC60 with running boards) tells me that if nothing else they're useful when you go to a hand car wash so the people cleaning your car can step up to do the room properly without you having to exit the vehicle

Edit: just noticed you've posted in my thread already, so apologies if I'm just repeating myself
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Torshen For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2017, 08:54   #3
NandM

Where yours factory fitted or at dealership? I'm about to ping an email to dealer and make an inquiry.

I'm a lowly 5'10" and missus is probably around 5'4". I do have air on my spec, one of the main reason was because it lowers itself, but if this does make it even more easier for everyone to get in and out then I'm leaning towards it.

*edit* and some repetition is good
NandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2017, 09:24   #4
Torshen

Mine were fitted by the dealership. To my knowledge running boards are a dealer-fit-only option, I wasn't given the choice to have them done at the factory otherwise I would have taken that option, same with my wheels.

Edit: just noticed a typo in my previous post, above. "Room" should, of course, be "roof", but it won't let me edit that post anymore.
XC90 D5 Momentum (MY18), Osmium Grey, 22" wheels, Blond nappa, Winter + HUD, Xenium, Illumination, Family, Seat Pack, 12.3" display, 230v 3-pin, Heated rear seats, Tinted, CarPlay, Side running boards, Thinkware F770 F+R
Torshen is offline   Reply With Quote