Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sensus Map Update problem

Views : 34024

Replies : 163

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 13th, 2020, 18:53   #81
bill dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dee View Post
Hi Suppra Edd, I tried answering your private message but it it was blocked. Anyway, I had a Black Friday experience - took the car in for MoT, having checked everything was working etc, then had a low tyre pressure warning on the way; stopped and pumped the tyre up; car failed its MoT because of a nail in the tyre, and also a suspension coil spring had snapped (must have been on my way to the garage). Oh, the Sensus navigation system problem - there's a nice lady at the service reception says she will get it resolved - I am waiting in hope for the car to be sorted today - including sat-nav
Just collected the car - at some expense for the serious stuff - and they have fixed and updated my sat nav at no extra cost! Apparently they have experienced all the problems mentioned on here and fixed it with most of the suggestions on here. they downloaded a small country (Israel) map and uploaded that onto my system. Then disconnected the battery for a couple of hours. Then downloaded the full European maps onto a new USB stick. Then uploaded onto my system and it works. I have lost all my 'previous destinations' which I use when driving through Europe but that's nothing in the grand scheme of things. I am spending more time over in Cambridgeshire and the work was done my Marshall's at Peterborough - so thanks guys.
bill dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bill dee For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 08:30   #82
Supra Edd

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill dee View Post
Hi Suppra Edd, I tried answering your private message but it it was blocked. Anyway, I had a Black Friday experience - took the car in for MoT, having checked everything was working etc, then had a low tyre pressure warning on the way; stopped and pumped the tyre up; car failed its MoT because of a nail in the tyre, and also a suspension coil spring had snapped (must have been on my way to the garage). Oh, the Sensus navigation system problem - there's a nice lady at the service reception says she will get it resolved - I am waiting in hope for the car to be sorted today - including sat-nav
oh blimey, not the perfect day then! Fingers crossed on the sat-nav, look forward to hearing.

Cheers
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 17:58   #83
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

As this seems to be SatNav update central I thought I'd log my queries on here...

My wife's 2012 XC70 maps have never been updated and are so out of date as to be unuseable. No problem thinks I, there's the unused free map update voucher x2 from Navteq via Volvo in the service folder. Trouble is one of Oxford Volvo's service advisors won't engage with me over this, despite chasing him again since lockdown.

Anyone know the rate to buy this from a(nother) dealer? Is there a cheaper way?

TIA
Bonefishblues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 19:35   #84
Whyman
Premier Member

I had the 3 Navteq updates with my car. I bought it at 3 months old and just registered with them and the updates arrived. I suspect that you are too late to get anything from them but there is hope

The Sensus system has now been changed and you first need to have the software on the car updated dealer only £60ish. Once this is done you can download 2018 map updates from the Volvo Support web site. There is one more update due but is delayed. This will be the last update but will probably lat you for a few years.
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 19:42   #85
GMcL
0's and 1's

Navteq was bought up by HERE in 2012. It was then bought by a $3bn joint venture between Audi, BMW and Daimler as part of their connected mobility program.

https://www.here.com/navteq

There's a contact us section in the above link. You'll probably get more help there if you explain the situation as they claim to continue to support Navteq customers.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 20:49   #86
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Thanks both, appreciate the advice.
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 21:41   #87
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyman View Post
I had the 3 Navteq updates with my car. I bought it at 3 months old and just registered with them and the updates arrived. I suspect that you are too late to get anything from them but there is hope

The Sensus system has now been changed and you first need to have the software on the car updated dealer only £60ish. Once this is done you can download 2018 map updates from the Volvo Support web site. There is one more update due but is delayed. This will be the last update but will probably lat you for a few years.
So to be clear, I pay £60 for a software upgrade and then it's free to download (albeit for a limited time)? Seems like the best course of action,as opposed to continuing to try to get someone to talk to me!
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 09:17   #88
Whyman
Premier Member

Yes that’s correct. Once you have the software done on the car you can immediately download the 2018 maps and will be able to download the 2020 ones when it is released.
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 11:52   #89
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Excellent, thanks.

So, in the spirit of sharing I can report:

Oxford Volvo are ignoring me (or rather, continuing to...)

MK Volvo haven't returned my call of a couple of hours ago.

Northampton Volvo couldn't be more different: straight through, helpfulness, a quote of £25 to upgrade the system, and an offer of a loan car because the car will be needed all day.

Let me consider for a nanosecond where I might be taking my wife's XC70.
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 13:22   #90
Whyman
Premier Member

Marc Tilling from Bells is a regular contributor to this forum and offers a free specification check for UK.

Nor surprised at all that you are going there. Great price. From memory it is only about 40 minutes to do the update and I guess they are using it as a fill in job.