Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850/855 T5-R Wanted

Views : 1843

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2020, 19:39   #11
HankScorpio
Floppy member

Just checked back in on this.

My V70r is a jap import. With exception of aircon, it's close to mint. Very well looked after car (before I got it)
HankScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 20:20   #12
willi

[QUOTE=Danny2;2645969]Interesting market at the moment with these.
Prices have inflated and cars seem to stick around for a long time too, coming on and off sale.
Saw a very similar red R to this go at auction for a lot less than advertised here (could been the same car) not sure from the one photo.

A gul saloon sold at auction at the weekend for £10000. Looked nice with a little bit of work to do on it.

Im still trying to get money off the northern Ireland saloon. Still very much like that car. He did say he would replace the brain box pipe, and buy an original electric aerial.
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 23:41   #13
Richard Volvo T5R

[QUOTE=willi;2647431]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny2 View Post
Interesting market at the moment with these.
Prices have inflated and cars seem to stick around for a long time too, coming on and off sale.
Saw a very similar red R to this go at auction for a lot less than advertised here (could been the same car) not sure from the one photo.

A gul saloon sold at auction at the weekend for £10000. Looked nice with a little bit of work to do on it.

Im still trying to get money off the northern Ireland saloon. Still very much like that car. He did say he would replace the brain box pipe, and buy an original electric aerial.
———————————————————————————————————————
The gul saloon that was on eBay has gone to a very well known guy in Volvo circles who quotes “I have owned over 100 t5r’s” (believe what you like) it will be returning for sale again very shortly at an inflated price.
Richard Volvo T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Richard Volvo T5R For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 21:54   #14
Danny2

[QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2647475]
Quote:
Originally Posted by willi View Post

The gul saloon that was on eBay has gone to a very well known guy in Volvo circles who quotes “I have owned over 100 t5r’s” (believe what you like) it will be returning for sale again very shortly at an inflated price.
East Midlands area?
Danny2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2020, 09:11   #15
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Jap imports are usually in exceptional condition. Really. I have a Jap import Discovery, a car which is renowned for serious rust on the rear chassis - mine has absolutely none whatsoever. Its like new and still has its original paint. Old cars are very expensive to run in Japan, so they tend to be owned by the well heeled, and they look after them very well.

Having said that, the heat is fierce in Japan and the plastics do get affected - bumpers get brittle, leather goes hard, the convoluted tubing covering engine wiring goes to dust, and most annoying, the window seals degrade resulting in black streaks down the bodywork when it rains - and these are very stubborn and hard to clean off. One thing that most people don't realise is that Japanese tyre compounds are much harder than European tyres, again presumably due to the heat over there - so they're lethal in the wet. One of the first jobs I had to do was to get a set of new tyres!

Otherwise, they tend to be very good buys. I haven't found insurance to be an issue either.
RollingThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RollingThunder For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 12:47   #16
willi

[QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2647475]
Quote:

You are right.. Its the guy in Birmingham.
Strange though, I was told it sold for near enough £10000. However, its now up for £8500.
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 18:15   #17
Richard Volvo T5R

[QUOTE=willi;2648073][QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2647475]

Strange though, I was told it sold for near enough £10000. However, its now up for £8500.[/QUOTE
———————————————————————————————————

Can’t imagine it was sold for much less than 10k, I had offered over 8k for it which was declined. Would of even swapped one of my estates for it as always fancied a saloon.
Richard Volvo T5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2020, 18:00   #18
Diego67

[QUOTE=Danny2;2647706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Volvo T5R View Post
East Midlands area?
Birmingham I believe ! Is up for sale now no price though 🤷*♂️
Diego67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19th, 2020, 19:02   #19
willi

[QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2648162][QUOTE=willi;2648073]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Volvo T5R View Post

Strange though, I was told it sold for near enough £10000. However, its now up for £8500.[/QUOTE
———————————————————————————————————

Can’t imagine it was sold for much less than 10k, I had offered over 8k for it which was declined. Would of even swapped one of my estates for it as always fancied a saloon.
Can't believe it. He's dropped it to£7500 already. Is there something wrong with it we don't know about??
Old Jul 20th, 2020, 01:08   #20
willi

[QUOTE=willi;2648677][QUOTE=Richard Volvo T5R;2648162]
Quote:

Can't believe it. He's dropped it to£7500 already. Is there something wrong with it we don't know about??
The add has now been taken down..