Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 belts and doors message

Views : 11673

Replies : 39

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 18th, 2016, 01:11   #11
ronkt04

I press the button on the end of the left hand stalk, and any messages then dissappear.

MY2016: XC60 D4 AWD R Design Lux Nav 190hp Geartronic, Savile Grey, Tempa spare wheel, Winter Pack, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Towbar & F/R mudflaps.
ronkt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2016, 15:40   #12
vannut

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronkt04 View Post
I press the button on the end of the left hand stalk, and any messages then dissappear.
When you say they disappear, what happens if you press the button again?
vannut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12th, 2016, 16:59   #13
ronkt04

I will try a second press next time it happens.

MY2016: XC60 D4 AWD R Design Lux Nav 190hp Geartronic, Savile Grey, Tempa spare wheel, Winter Pack, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Towbar & F/R mudflaps.
ronkt04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2018, 18:34   #14
PurpleFox

Hi all.

this is interesting, I just collected my 2013 S60 on Saturday, and this morning I had the Belts and doors message pop up, I clicked it away and then while just popping through the menu i noticed I had 1 message. Yes the Belts and doors message was saved with no obvious way to clear it. Although I'm presuming it doesn't really cause any problems being there? i will double check all doors are closed properly but I would have thought it would specifically say if a door was not closed. If not I will contact the dealer about it.

PurpleFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2018, 14:08   #15
PurpleFox

Oops, I took the last online date as the last comment date, hadn't realised last comment prior to mine was 2 years ago.
Anyway, I did a little test with this issue, and I'm sure others are aware, but the message does seem to clear after I guess the engine has been off for a little while. This morning I opened the boot but only the drivers door, and there was no saved message. So I guess it's either a bug in the system or it's saved in the messages so the driver can check who is wearing a belt in the back during the journey maybe. Doesn't appear to be any solutions to this online, but doesn't seem a real problem.
PurpleFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 19:18   #16
Zebster
Upstanding Member

I've just found this thread after noticing that my 2015 V60 D4 also has this 'problem, although I only bought it a few weeks ago I reckon it's only been doing it for the last few days!

I get a persistent message about 'belts and doors' that merely shows the schematic outline. This message self-clears from the dash after a short while, but if the stalk button is pressed the system shows that this message is still present and a second press opens it onto the screen. The message is always available.

Opening a door or undoing an occupant's seat belt correctly gives a red indication alarm indication on the system, so it is working correctly. It's just the persistent message(1) showing the schematic outline.

Any suggestions?
Zebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2018, 22:20   #17
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Today on a short journey this 'phantom warning' (and associated message) was not displayed! Parked up, got out, locked car, returned 5 minutes later, started up, warning schematic and message returned...
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 09:38   #18
St James

Isn't this just normal?
I've had it on both my XC60s now
Left hand stalk makes it disappear from the immediate view and I just took the view that I have to go into the menu for the messages and why would I do that whilst driving?
Personally I don't think anything is wrong with anyone's car here.
2010 (10) Skoda Octavia vRS CR170 DSG
St James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 12:35   #19
Zebster
Upstanding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St James View Post
Isn't this just normal?
I've had it on both my XC60s now
Left hand stalk makes it disappear from the immediate view and I just took the view that I have to go into the menu for the messages and why would I do that whilst driving?
Personally I don't think anything is wrong with anyone's car here.
How can it be not wrong that sometimes there's a fake/phantom/ghost message telling you that there's a non-existent problem? Especially as that message does not always appear!

Plenty of others in this thread do consider it to be a problem. I find it mildly irritating and assume it's a software glitch. Disappointing that it's being going on for years without rectification.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zebster For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 3rd, 2018, 12:46   #20
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Did you open one of the rear doors after you returned?
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote