Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Leaking Brake Servo/Booster

Views : 270

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 12th, 2020, 11:26   #1
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

Default Leaking Brake Servo/Booster

Hi

I normally reside in the 850/S/V/C70 forum but I have an issue with my dads C70 where the brake servo is leaking with an audible hiss when pedal is up. When depressing the pedal to a certain point (approx 25%) it seals and normal service occurs. It also makes the vacuum pump activate after switching off the engine (which I can silence by pressing the pedal to seal it).

I have seen what a pita job it is to swap the servo but also "on the internet" it seems to be a common issue to the point where someone on ebay is selling an uprated silicone seal.

We are not particularly pleased with this fault given the low mileage the car has done compared to the S70 which is 22 years old 150k miles on it's original servo which is running fine.

Before I go cap in hand to volvo to see if they will contribute anything towards this repair I thought it would be useful to ask on here (both for myself and anyone else with the same fault) if this has occurred to anyone else and if anyone has managed to get volvo to contribute for this specific fault. I'd clearly be very grateful for any assistance on this and hopefully it might help others in the future who can refer to this.

I'll start off:

Model: C70 2.4i (170bhp) MY 2008
Mileage: 55,500
Fault found: July 2020
Total cost of repair: £don't know yet...
Contribution from Volvo: £don't know yet...

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote