Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Not impressed with SGS

Views : 1386

Replies : 22

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2020, 15:26   #1
Bashy
Aged Member

Default Not impressed with SGS

Hi folks

As i needed a new jack seen as mine was a hand me down from Jesus, and as i had seen a few folks say SGS on here i decided to get one from them yesterday, i placed the order at 13:38 and got an email confirmation saying that as soon as its shipped i would get a tracking number, well, i paid for next day delivery so i was expecting the tracking number yesterday.

The tracking number still has not arrived, so that tells me one of two things, either the email wasnt sent or it hasnt been shipped....

Thats not that worst part, i can lve with a day or so late seen as COVID is being a pain in the (*), the worst part is customer services, 1st i rang sales as thats what i thought was the right, nope, i needed to ring CS, so i did that and gave my order number and my details, only to tell me that they cant access my order, they have to pass the details on to another dept, w.t.h?

So i now have to wait for them to contact me, not holding much hope as my email from 1st thing this morning hasnt been responded to.

I wish i had gone with Draper now from Amazon, least that should have been here for today...

Rant over, carry on.....
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 15:35   #2
TeamG
Master Member

I’ve literally just received my 3T low profile jack from them. Ordered from eBay on the weekend, here Tuesday lunchtime. The jack is lovely, massive, solid, quality..... I hope when yours comes you’ll forget the wait and enjoy the jack.
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeamG For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 15:38   #3
Thekilt

pop down to Halfrauds? some of their Jacks arent bad and probably on par with Draper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thekilt For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 15:50   #4
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamG View Post
I’ve literally just received my 3T low profile jack from them. Ordered from eBay on the weekend, here Tuesday lunchtime. The jack is lovely, massive, solid, quality..... I hope when yours comes you’ll forget the wait and enjoy the jack.
Lucky you, i dont know why i went direct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekilt View Post
pop down to Halfrauds? some of their Jacks arent bad and probably on par with Draper.
Prob should have had a look there 1st....
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 15:54   #5
BrianH
VOC Member

Carpart4less hold the cup for no response for damaged delivery

March till now. Still badgering
BrianH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 15:55   #6
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Carpart4less hold the cup for no response for damaged delivery

March till now. Still badgering
Damn, that is bad
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 16:54   #7
Bashy
Aged Member

Just had an email, not the promised phone call, to say that it will be here tomorrow now, was shipped today, thats bad, even worse cause i had to push them to get this information else i would have been sat here waiting.
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 18:26   #8
green van man
Premier Member

This is why I bought my draper 3 ton garage jack from my local independant motor factors.
He had it in stock, was same price as Internet and I took ithe home with me.

To offset the woe.
Anyone in the market for drill bits I can recommend UK drills on ebay. I ordered 6mm 8mm and 10x 3.2mm cobalt drills from them. They arrived on time via second class post. Unfortunatly a mistake had been made in the 3.2 bits and instead of 10 cobalt bits I got 10 hss long series ones. Contacted them via the eBay message service, had a reply within 15 mins, apologising and stating the correct cobalt drills would be sent out first class that day.

I replied thanking them and said I would return the wrong ones. They replied that was not nessesary, but thanks for the offer.

The cobalt drills arrived yesterday. Today I posted the hss ones back to them. I could of kept them but their service promoted me to do the right thing. As I said to them, The mark of a company is how they react to mistakes. They have secured my future custom.

No take photographs of items and packaging to prove wrong ones delivery as I have had with some suppliers, a streight forward sorry, we will put it right asap.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 14th, 2020, 20:02   #9
TeamG
Master Member

If it makes you feel any better, the SGS one will be worth the wait. See comparison pic with my twisted Halfords 2T one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 863EB425-0980-4883-87FB-44836FF62899.jpeg (34.1 KB, 71 views)
2008 V50 2.0D SE (sold)
TeamG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TeamG For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 15th, 2020, 05:06   #10
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamG View Post
If it makes you feel any better, the SGS one will be worth the wait. See comparison pic with my twisted Halfords 2T one.
I only went for the baby 2T one, purely cause it has the 360 handle, i like to work under the carport and have limited room to place the jack properly (on gravel too) and be able to pump the handle, so the 360 handle would be great. I still think i am going to go for the Draper at £180+

I think thats my issue, i went for the cheaper one, so i got put to the back of the order queue, thats my theory anyway, either that or they just forgot

SGS said this

Quote:
Good Afternoon,

Apologies for the issues and delay you have experienced.

Unfortunately because we use third party couriers we are unable to 100% guarantee next day delivery, this is stated on our website.

I do apologise for any inconveniences this has caused.
Thats right, blame the courier, they'd not even dispatched it yet lol, I returned with

Quote:
Hi, considering it says at the top that next day is working as normal, this is very misleading, and will voice my concerns on trust pilot.
I didnt even sign off, i was quite angry as that was the 2nd reply apologising but basically saying this is how it is, live with it.

As soon as i mentioned trust pilot, i get offered with refunding the difference between next day & standard. A very noble gesture

They said that its on their website about not guaranteed next day, cant see it

I point out that i could only see at the top

NEXT DAY DELIVERY AND DISPATCH OPERATING AS NORMAL. KEEP CALM & CARRY ON #BRITISH

And this at the bottom of the trolley jack listings

YOUR TROLLEY JACK DELIVERED TOMORROW
Everything you see here is in stock and available for next-day delivery. This means it could be with you and ready to go tomorrow. If you would like any assistance in choosing a trolley jack, get in touch via email at.....

Three times it says "tomorrow" on the jack listings page. I now have the tracking for tomorrow (in effect its now today seen as its now 3:40am lol) so

1star reviews
https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...ges=en&stars=1