Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 delivery timescale (replacing my XC90)

Views : 13655

Replies : 160

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 5th, 2024, 09:52   #51
ijkgenesis

Mine was also Blond, Bright dusk, standard 20" 6 spoke wheels.

was looking on the XC40 forum yesterday and a long thread on the Bristol Docks saga.. wonder if EX30s are getting priority ?

https://www.xc40forums.co.uk/viewtop...3911&start=170
ijkgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 10:58   #52
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG14 View Post
Mine says exactly that so I emailed them. In reality, it’s got a build date of April.
Dont go by your account for build updates.
It shows mine if being delivered, and only ordered last week
Called Volvo and they said they are having order tracking issues
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2024-02-05 100155.jpg (39.7 KB, 17 views)
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 11:07   #53
ijkgenesis

Angry

My Dealer has just responded with below... fear its true as similar to other posts, but as the car is now over £3k more I'll wait...

I have just checked the latest dates with Volvo Cars, it is saying May as the estimated delivery to us, I am really hopping this is NOT! The case and that your new Volvo XC60 will arrive before this, as for the APP saying the car is being prepare for Handover!! – I will wait to hear what Volvo Cars come back with, and I will call you with an update – Sorry Ian, this is really poor service from Volvo Cars (UK).

Dealer has just called, very apologetic (and as frustrated as me) Volvo just give him messages saying working to resolve the issue.. but no details of what the plan involves or timescales. he said my car is parked on a boat at Ghent, but its not moving.. (must be costing volvo a fortune..) as Bristol has no space. He said there are transport drivers twiddling their thumbs as waiting for work.. He also said its not due to EX30s getting priority as there is a huge stock in UK already (in a field) .

Last edited by ijkgenesis; Feb 5th, 2024 at 12:30. Reason: Dealer update
ijkgenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ijkgenesis For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 5th, 2024, 18:10   #54
MG14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijkgenesis View Post
My Dealer has just responded with below... fear its true as similar to other posts, but as the car is now over £3k more I'll wait...

I have just checked the latest dates with Volvo Cars, it is saying May as the estimated delivery to us, I am really hopping this is NOT! The case and that your new Volvo XC60 will arrive before this, as for the APP saying the car is being prepare for Handover!! – I will wait to hear what Volvo Cars come back with, and I will call you with an update – Sorry Ian, this is really poor service from Volvo Cars (UK).

Dealer has just called, very apologetic (and as frustrated as me) Volvo just give him messages saying working to resolve the issue.. but no details of what the plan involves or timescales. he said my car is parked on a boat at Ghent, but its not moving.. (must be costing volvo a fortune..) as Bristol has no space. He said there are transport drivers twiddling their thumbs as waiting for work.. He also said its not due to EX30s getting priority as there is a huge stock in UK already (in a field) .
Good to hear that your dealer is being apologetic; mine did actually call me today but the attitude was very much more ‘oh well, it is what it is’. Not entirely proactive.
Old Feb 10th, 2024, 14:56   #55
ijkgenesis

Default Glimmer of Hope !

Just saw the following post on the XC40 forum..

Spoke to Volvo customer service yesterday (friday 9th feb) and was told they are now moving vehicles in the hundreds, my car was also order early Sept and came off the production line mid Nov. The customer service rep could only say that he felt it very likely that my car would be with my dealer by the end of Feb.

He appreciated that my car was one of the first to be held at port in Belgium but apparently that does mean it will be one of the first cars to leave the port now that cars are moving at last.
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 13:59   #56
Enzos Dad

We ordered a XC60 T6 Recharge Plus on Friday.
Fairly standard spec, only added tinted windows and the leather/textile seats as factory fit.
Estimated delivery is 8 months

Hopefully they will get their admin sorted as we've paid the £500 deposit and then they asked for it again
Enzos Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 11:55   #57
Franko1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzos Dad View Post
We ordered a XC60 T6 Recharge Plus on Friday.
Fairly standard spec, only added tinted windows and the leather/textile seats as factory fit.
Estimated delivery is 8 months

Hopefully they will get their admin sorted as we've paid the £500 deposit and then they asked for it again
Dealer called me today and said my XC0 Plus Black Edition will hopefully arrive in 6-7 months, he also said they have a XC60 Ultimate Black Edition arriving in 9 weeks, and would I be interested in that

It would also cost an extra £70 a month and I would have to pay extra for the towbar.
Cheeky sod!
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 16:37   #58
ijkgenesis

Angry Latest update.. not good

Quote:

Update from Volvo UK: today..

Having taken a look at your vehicle - it was build in the end of January and it's currently on the way to the port of Shanghai - from there it will be shipped to Europe - ETA at the minute is end of April.

Why in December did my dealer advise the car was built and at the Belgium port awaiting shipment to Bristol and would hopefully arrive by early February. Also the status of the car on my order has regressed from 'production complete' to 'your car is on its way' . Has my original vehicle been swapped out ?
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 16:55   #59
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Has my original vehicle been swapped out ?
Probably not. It seems that the many different divisions within Volvo aren't communicating with each other and it's not helping that Volvo's production planning and customer facing systems are both crap.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 09:55   #60
ijkgenesis

Default its almost an apology !

Quote:
Update from Volvo UK: today..

Having taken a look at your vehicle - it was build in the end of January and it's currently on the way to the port of Shanghai - from there it will be shipped to Europe - ETA at the minute is end of April.

Why in December did my dealer advise the car was built and at the Belgium port awaiting shipment to Bristol and would hopefully arrive by early February. Also the status of the car on my order has regressed from 'production complete' to 'your car is on its way' . Has my original vehicle been swapped out ?
Volvo UK response to my complaint

When it comes to your vehicle's delivery time - unfortunately with XC60 we had quite a few delays which sadly did push the planned build dates quite a lot.

This has caused some issues with our web tracking where customers were provided with incorrect updates.

Currently the ETA is to the retailer and we hope it will stay that way.