Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What cars are for sale out there???

Views : 670

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 20:52   #1
Squealey

Default What cars are for sale out there???

Hi Ladies and Gents

As a previous S60 owner I am struggling living without one. My original 2003 S60 d5 SE took me to 344k miles and I absolutely loved that one. It ended up blowing an oil seal behind the flywheel, and coupled with needing a clutch and dmf it was just uneconomical to repair. I sold it for spares, borrowed some money and purchased what was meant to be an upgrade from this very website, a facelifted 2005 S60se. Turned out to be a right pup and I lost a lot of money in a very short period of time because the Geartronic gearbox was fubar. So I sold that for a huge loss and with no money to add to it I had to settle on a 2.2 Vectra Estate, which in all fairness was a bloody nice motor. My circumstances then changed and my mileage went from 75 miles a week to 75 miles a day, so a 2.2 petrol was not ideal. So more money was borrowed and a Toyota Corolla Verso 2.0d4d was purchased. It’s been boringly brilliant in most ways, but I have hated every one of the 19000 miles I’ve done in it and I am hankering after a return to the Volvo life!

So here I am asking if anyone’s thinking of selling their D5 engined Volvo any time soon. Could be an S60, S80 or V70. No starship mileages as I will be adding plenty onto it, no geartronic or any auto, pref SE Spec or above as I loved the Dolby prologic stereo and all the toys. Budget is topping out at £2000, but I know what these are worth so please don’t come in with your £1500 car saying you coincidentally wanted £2000! I live in Lincolnshire and can travel, but within reason.

Hope this isn’t being unrealistic and thank you for reading my ramblings everybody.

Wayne
Squealey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 21:47   #2
Edinburgh101

Default 2005 S60 D5 SE Manual

Hi Wayne,

I am looking to sell my S60 - I actually logged on here to post it when I saw your ad!

It is 2005 and drives very well. It is just about to turn to 99,000miles and has a full service history. I have had it for 2 years and there was one owner before me.

I am based in Edinburgh and I am looking for a fast sale as was planning on trading it in for a Skoda that I have just reserved.

It is a great car and is mechanically sound but is starting to show it's age so it would be well within your budget.

Thanks,

Gordon
Edinburgh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edinburgh101 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2019, 22:18   #3
Edinburgh101

Default 2005 S60 D5 SE Manual

Hi Wayne, could you text me please on 07733072805 as I am struggling to message you on here - won't let me send you a private message?
Edinburgh101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24th, 2019, 00:06   #4
Squealey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edinburgh101 View Post
Hi Wayne, could you text me please on 07733072805 as I am struggling to message you on here - won't let me send you a private message?
All sorted now. It was great to converse with you this evening and I’m sorry we couldn’t sort something out. Best of luck with we buy any car tomorrow, hope you get a decent amount for it.

Wayne
Squealey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Squealey For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2019, 06:51   #5
Symes
Master Member

one thing to, bear in mind is that the manuals use a concentric slave cylinder (as do most modern cars) which means a gearbox out job (or at least a subframe drop to make space) when it fails. there is a thread on here cataloging the failure mileages. in my own case, mine was leaking at 185k when i took the car on and failed after the fluid was allowed to drain whilst standing for a few weeks unused (couldnt bleed it, fluid p***inng out).
Also happened on my lads seat leon after a clutch swap...

so, if you can, take the under sheild off and look for any sign of dampness at the drain of the bellhousing and dont assume the slave was changed if the clutch has been!

personally i have preferred the auto/geartronic box to manual, always feel that the shift from 1st to 2nd is a bit abrupt unless you're in 'cloth cap' mode ;-)
Old Apr 2nd, 2019, 12:46   #6
SandyVol

I have a petrol 2.4n/a V70 for sale at the moment if that is of interest!
SandyVol is offline   Reply With Quote