Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Loss of power - Enigne syrtem service required

Views : 12713

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 21:27   #31
JIMBOfred

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=158229

I can see the pics now and this clearly isn't the right one. Ah well.
JIMBOfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2nd, 2020, 15:12   #32
DJRobb

I had the same message appear and the loss of power recently. Always at the most inconvenient time! I sat and waited in the cold for a few minutes with the engine off and the started it again and all was fine, so drove home, This happened a few times over the next few days, but then I realised that it was only happening when I had the heater on full 1 (it has been very cold recently) With the heater turned down to 22/24 everything is fine. Any ideas on this one guys?
DJRobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2020, 08:44   #33
nalla

had the same message and symptoms on my xc90 which had high mileage
the crunch of the problems were the swirl flaps, EGR fully blocked with carbon and my DPF blocked with soot. try and find some one who can force a regen on your Volvo and go from there working backwards to the EGR VALVE CLEAN IT OUR THEN LOOK AT THE SWIRL FLAPS IF YOU HAVE THEM ON YOUR CAR
nalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2020, 21:40   #34
Reechard

Hi all,

I have had the same issue on my 2009 v70.
I found a split in the pipe on the front of the engine, where it looks to connect to a plastic manifold and feed down to the bottom of the bumper/intercooler area.

Have got the garage to order parts and fit as I don’t have time. Turning the engine off resets it and brings the power back till putting the foot down to join dual carriageways. So hoping it is just the pipe being split, had the excess soot message too so suspect it’s not being helped by leaking boost.
Reechard is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine service message, loss of power, main dealers, s40