Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

im pretty sure ive been done

Views : 6188

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2015, 20:13   #61
Darlo 1
Lunatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kieran40 View Post
Hiya mate that's a job well done next I would change fuel filter and air filter, also coolant and oil all new fresh stuff and she should be good have you had a gander at the fuel filter easy job.

@darlo mate I've still got the original suspension arms and bottom ball joints, it's my top mounts and steering track rod ball joints have been replaced on mine.
Yeah done the top mounts on mine to, they only lasted to 223000 ish lol.
S60 D5 2004.
I vape therefore I am.
Darlo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darlo 1 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 21:19   #62
V40IRL

Quote:
Hiya mate that's a job well done next I would change fuel filter and air filter, also coolant and oil all new fresh stuff and she should be good have you had a gander at the fuel filter easy job.

@darlo mate I've still got the original suspension arms and bottom ball joints, it's my top mounts and steering track rod ball joints have been replaced on mine.
Where abouts is the fuel filter man? Thanks!
V40IRL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V40IRL For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 21:37   #63
Dancake
Premier Member

It's under the fuse box in the engine bay
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 22:27   #64
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Like dancake says it a black cylindrical container it has a star shape key to undo it, odds on it hasn't been changed for years .

You'll get youre x40 running right in no time. It's just been badly neglected that's all any noticeable difference since you've cleaned the egr and intake manifold out apart from the mess it took weeks to get it off my skin and out of my fingernails, next time you fill youre tank up with diesel get some injector cleaner and shove it in aswell I think it's about £7 or something like that. But get that coolant and oil out and replace with volvo coolant 50/50 mix with water and she should be a healthy happy servant looks a tidy v40. They are brilliant cars if you take care of them 100% reliable and capable of massive mileage's.

Be interesting to see the pics of the fuel filter once you've got it out that will cause no end of issues if it's blocked and dirty.

Last edited by kieran40; Aug 15th, 2015 at 22:39.
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2015, 23:53   #65
v40alex
I do like a V40

The outside of your engine around the shut off valve is cleaner than mine
The Following User Says Thank You to v40alex For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 09:10   #66
V40IRL

Ok I'll give the fuel filter a go today, I did the oil and the oil filter and air filter already might be no harm in doing them all again! I just need need that diesel pro to talk to me! Not that you guys havnt helped yee are a great bunch and appreciate any bit of help!l
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 10:06   #67
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V40IRL View Post
Ok I'll give the fuel filter a go today, I did the oil and the oil filter and air filter already might be no harm in doing them all again! I just need need that diesel pro to talk to me! Not that you guys havnt helped yee are a great bunch and appreciate any bit of help!l
No need to do the oil and air filter again if you've already done them but I'd replenish the coolant but only use volvo stuff mate because that is the only stuff, it's cheap over here in the uk if Ireland is expensive as it was last time I was over there. Gatos will reply soon enough top guy he is
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 10:19   #68
V40IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by v40alex View Post
The outside of your engine around the shut off valve is cleaner than mine
Haha it is now bud after I cleaned it haha did you see the state of the egr?!
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 10:20   #69
V40IRL

Quote:
No need to do the oil and air filter again if you've already done them but I'd replenish the coolant but only use volvo stuff mate because that is the only stuff, it's cheap over here in the uk if Ireland is expensive as it was last time I was over there. Gatos will reply soon enough top guy he is
Thanks Kieran 😊 and by the way I'm a YR sauce man myself 😝
Old Aug 16th, 2015, 10:46   #70
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by V40IRL View Post
Thanks Kieran �� and by the way I'm a YR sauce man myself ��
Yr sauce soda bread and tayto crisps last time I was over I couldn't beleive how expensive Ireland was the euro currency is a pain the punt was much better the good old days aswell when you could spend British sterling in the shops, I can see why a lot of Irish people in the republic go shopping in the north. In kilmihil i remember going down to the local pub with my brother to get turf for the fire and AGA cooker and soda bread in that paper bag and sweets. Pink lemonade brilliant memories because that part of co Clare no town gas so everything was turf fired cooking heat hot water. The bungalow is proberly long gone it was pretty ramshackle when my nan rented it and because it was made from concrete and the west of Ireland is wet it was always damp. Next time I'm over I must go and check it out I know where it was, it was on the road to Cooraclare, and kilrush.

Last edited by kieran40; Aug 16th, 2015 at 10:59.