Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY14.5 update

Views : 2125

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 28th, 2014, 14:02   #11
Westyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Yes - That is supposed to be the policy.

tem.
I'll let you know! Mine is booked in at a different one and I took out the 5year service deal too!
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 14:06   #12
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westyman View Post
I'll let you know! Mine is booked in at a different one and I took out the 5year service deal too!
As long as it was a genuine Volvo service plan, then there will be no problems.
I hope?

tem.
Old May 28th, 2014, 22:45   #13
Flux
Premier Member

Yes, due to the underwhelming service I have had from my dealer, I spoke to another dealership some 40 miles away who is happy to perform the 3 month check and do any volvo updates for me for no charge and even give me a courtesy car while work was being done.

They said they were keen to win my future servicing business so this was not a problem (I have the 5 year service plan). They also mentioned that a number of dissatisfied customers from my dealer have also approached them for ongoing servicing work.

They were immediately able to answer a number or questions that I had initially posed to my dealer some 2 weeks ago, yet my dealer still hasn't bothered to respond to these despite two reminders for an update. They are truly shocking and regret ever giving them my business. They also tried to charge me circa £2K more at handover than the price we initially agreed, until I told them to go away and redo their maths! Also failed to provide me with any written confirmation regarding supagard treatment and I had to chase them for paperwork and warranty on this matter (and seek confirmation that they did in fact do the supagard trestment in the first place). And all after spending north of £35k!!

Think I got better customer service from the shop who supplied me with my £350 lawnmower!

Last edited by Flux; May 28th, 2014 at 23:21.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2014, 23:36   #14
pmw1971

Just out of interest what dealer was no good? I've had poor service from harrats in Leeds and won't be using them for service following a purchase. Their sales team have little knowledge and the dealer principal has no understanding of customer care. I can't recommend people avoid them strongly enough.
pmw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 08:17   #15
Flux
Premier Member

It was Rybrook Volvo, Chester.

Have now bought three new Volvo's from them but unlikely to buy a new car from them again, despite any deal they might be giving.

There was also another thing about the experience that left me wondering............the mileage on the book at PDI inspection stage (which I only noticed after taking delivery) stated that there were 4 delivery miles on the clock yet when I visited the dealer on the day the car was delivered by transporter (just by chance as I knew it's arrival was imminent) they said it had only just arrived 2 hours earlier yet it had number plates on AND 12 miles on the clock. Yet when questioning the salesperson as to why there were so many miles on a car that had only just been delivered just 'two hours earlier', she claimed it was 'delivery mileage'.

I only noticed this mileage 'anomaly' when I got home and read the PDI sheet stating 4 delivery miles......

Trust is everything isn't it only as soon as you doubt what you've been told, it all just evaporates..........

And another - the £750 contribution from Volvo for taking the finance package was only available of I took out their 'aftercare package' for £1,500. So I would have had to spend a further £750 to get £750 discount.

Have I put you off enough................

And one final thing...........I did contact Volvo UK to ask them if they would send me a dealer satisfaction questionnaire only they advised me this was not possible as these questionnaires were 'system generated'!

Last edited by Flux; May 29th, 2014 at 11:16.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 09:56   #16
Westyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
As long as it was a genuine Volvo service plan, then there will be no problems.
I hope?

tem.
That's what the supplying dealer said as well as the new franchise here. But I await the actual event to , prove it!! Cynic? Me? Nah.......
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 14:22   #17
mikexc60

I can not find your ref to geartronic problems is it related to holding gear too long at 1500 rpm & 50MPH as like you I have updated from a 2010 my to a 14my & do not find the changes as progressive as my old car
mikexc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 15:14   #18
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikexc60 View Post
I can not find your ref to geartronic problems is it related to holding gear too long at 1500 rpm & 50MPH as like you I have updated from a 2010 my to a 14my & do not find the changes as progressive as my old car
The software update is to resolve the issue with a violent change down from 2 to 1 and also an issues between 5 and 6 which may relate to your issue. I am not certain that is an update for all cars, rather that it is one where your car demonstrates the issue - suggest you check with your dealer to see if it applies and whether it will cure your issue
Old May 29th, 2014, 18:24   #19
mikexc60

Thanks for the info I was going to discuss with my dealer as it is very noticable due to the lower speeds involved when I tow my caravan.
It is easily overriden by dropping into sport mode. I will now wait a while to allow for the update release.
Mike
mikexc60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 20:53   #20
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
It was Rybrook Volvo, Chester.
Well what did you expect from a McLaren dealer??..!!!!

£35k is probably 'Tesco Value' territory....

Regards
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote