Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Internet Connection Problem?

Views : 3319

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 17th, 2014, 19:52   #11
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Given up.
Cannot connect to the internet via the Web button or My Car.
Just spent ages inputting destinations manually.

tem.
I can pair the phone with the car for making calls, but when I have selected in My Car - Settings, Internet, Bluetooth, do I have to make a second pairing by going back into phone, make it visable and then search for devices?
I am at a loss, not knowing what I may be doing wrong.
Thank you.

tem.
Old May 17th, 2014, 19:57   #12
acb5

Just a thought have you tried a non kit kat phone as there have been reports of problems. You do not need to pair the phone twice. As long as on internet you have it set for Bluetooth then it should connect.
Old May 17th, 2014, 20:14   #13
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by acb5 View Post
Just a thought have you tried a non kit kat phone as there have been reports of problems. You do not need to pair the phone twice. As long as on internet you have it set for Bluetooth then it should connect.
Unfortunately, everyone that I know who has android phones have all updated to kit kat.
My grandson has an iPhone, but the last time I saw him, he was using a hair dryer on it, after dropping it in a river.
What baffles me, my moto g is the best phone that I have had, for connecting to Volvo cars.

tem.
Old May 18th, 2014, 15:51   #14
Flux
Premier Member

Hi Tem,

My phone had previous android version to kit kit (jelly bean) and all functionality worked. When it updated to kit kat earlier in the month, the only thing that stopped working was the ability to read my text messages from the car or the car read them out. Also some of the media functionality has been lost (as I use Spotify) and it not as intuitive as it was and takes time to load or find media files.

Apart from that everything else works including send to car and connecting to the internet.

Actually went to a phone retailer today to buy a simple phone for my dad and told the chap about my lost functionality for my phone since kit kit update. He said straight away it was due to my kit kat update and that my car manufacturer will be able to provide an update to the software soon and is aware of this happening with other makes of car.

He clearly has more faith in Volvo than I do as every time I have mentioned into anyone in Volvo, you just get a blank expression or 'not our problem guv' attitude. It would be nice if they could at least acknowledge this as an issue and look into rather than just making excuses or pretending that its not their issue to help sort out.

If it doesn't work properly I would take back to Volvo but don't tell them about it having kit kat as you will immediately give them the excuse to blame in on that. Try to get one of the staff members to do it with their phone or show you how it works. You've paid big bucks for the car and they owe you a duty of care to sort it out.

Customer feedback questionnaire..........I'm waiting for mine from Volvo as there are quite a few issues I have with my dealer and Volvo HQ need to know.

Last edited by Flux; May 18th, 2014 at 15:58.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flux For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2014, 17:07   #15
tem
Premier Member

As I said I have given up for the time being.
I now have all the destinations that I need for trip to Italy installed.

I have the car booked for the 3000 mile QA inspection on 16th June, so will ask then if there is any update.

tem.
Old May 18th, 2014, 18:59   #16
tem
Premier Member

If I go into the V60 phone menu, I can read texts.
Have not worked out how to get Voice Command to read them to me yet.

tem.
Old May 18th, 2014, 19:07   #17
Flux
Premier Member

That's more than me - when I updated to kit kit it buggered that part up. To get them read out just click on the message and think the next option is to read them back to you - posh lady speaking and if you get someone to send you a rude text, it's hilarious - although some rude words she can't pronounce properly....

Last edited by Flux; May 18th, 2014 at 19:55.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flux For This Useful Post:
Old May 18th, 2014, 19:30   #18
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
That's more than me - when I updated to kit kit it buggered that part up. To get them read out just click on the message and think the next option is to read them back to you - posh lady speaking and if you get someone to send you a rude text, it hilarious - although some rude words she can't pronounce properly....
I will have a look tomorrow and see what Bluetooth version is installed.
If I can get her to read them out, she is going to be busy.
Every country that I enter on my way to Italy, Vodafone always sends me a text, to inform of all the costs.

tem.
Old May 19th, 2014, 14:57   #19
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
I will have a look tomorrow and see what Bluetooth version is installed.
If I can get her to read them out, she is going to be busy.
Every country that I enter on my way to Italy, Vodafone always sends me a text, to inform of all the costs.

tem.
I cannot find what version of bluetooth is installed. Could find it in my old V60.
The texts can be read out by voice command, so I do not seem to have a problem here, with kit kat.

tem.
Old May 19th, 2014, 15:06   #20
Harvey1512
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
That's more than me - when I updated to kit kit it buggered that part up. To get them read out just click on the message and think the next option is to read them back to you - posh lady speaking and if you get someone to send you a rude text, it's hilarious - although some rude words she can't pronounce properly....
My wife has a rubbishy Nissan Juke but that also has a posh lady to read out texts. She has had the car for two years now and I still don't tire of sending silly or rude texts for the posh lady to read out. Thankfully my wife still greets me with a smile when I get home after sending one so I must be striking the right balance of silly but not too rude.

It does gripe me slightly that her Juke has this facility but my Volvo does not. I would like to think that my XC60 will have it but mine will not have the Sensus system at all, yup Sinclair Spectrum version on my XC60 still, so I suspect not still.