Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Internet Connection Problem?

Views : 3320

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 19th, 2014, 15:07   #21
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
That's more than me - when I updated to kit kit it buggered that part up. To get them read out just click on the message and think the next option is to read them back to you - posh lady speaking and if you get someone to send you a rude text, it's hilarious - although some rude words she can't pronounce properly....
Have you tried removing the phone from Sensus and then pairing it again?

tem.
Old May 19th, 2014, 17:54   #22
Flux
Premier Member

I have done it twice already but maybe do again and leave it unpaired all night in the hope that it has enough time to forget any other settings!?!

Glad it works on yours but odd it has stopped working on mine - both have kit kat as well!

Cant find bluetooth version on my car either so not great when discussion version options for possible upgrade.

Last edited by Flux; May 19th, 2014 at 18:15.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 20:56   #23
andymcp
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
If I go into the V60 phone menu, I can read texts.
Have not worked out how to get Voice Command to read them to me yet.

tem.
Press the voice command, say 'Messages', then press it again when it highlights the new message and say 'Read out message'.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2014, 22:11   #24
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymcp View Post
Press the voice command, say 'Messages', then press it again when it highlights the new message and say 'Read out message'.
Thanks, I managed to work it out today.

tem.
Old May 21st, 2014, 14:38   #25
tem
Premier Member

I have tried to restore jellybean on a phone that updated to KitKat by doing a factory restore, but this failed.
I have informed my dealer that I want someone to connect their smartphone when I take the car in on the 16th June.
A stoney silence - Then, not sure if anyone knows how to do that.

I do not really need to connect to the internet (have put all my destinations in by hand), but most of my working life, I was mainly a problem solver and this problem is bugging me, not knowing if it is the phone or software.

tem.
Old May 21st, 2014, 14:54   #26
Flux
Premier Member

Know how you feel. Problem is though that I don't think Volvo dealerships have anyone who is suitably qualified on systems/technical/etc and they all seem rather 'amateurish' and a little behind the curve IMHO. I feel that I have more knowledge than them when it comes to IT and that's not great in the confidence-boosting arena.

People might think I sound a little harsh only I have always believed in life that all you need to know is a little more than the people you serve. And if you don't know the answer, you find someone who does PDQ.

I'm still awaiting a response to an email from my dealer of 1st thing last Friday morning (they insisted I emailed despite me trying to get a response over the phone)..........still no response now, despite a reminder.

Last edited by Flux; May 21st, 2014 at 14:58.
Old May 21st, 2014, 14:57   #27
Harvey1512
Premier Member

The lack of knowledge from salesman and dealers on a range of issues is really quite awful and this just highlights it. It seems with a significant number of dealers and their employees that they want you just to turn up, listen to the spiel they want to give and then simply buy and walk away. Have a question that is off script and they are snookered. If I had such a lack of knowledge with the products I sell I would be laughed out by buyers and we would be out of business. An employee in a normal business that lacked such knowledge would be sacked.

When I test drove my XC60, early April, the salesman was adamant that it would not come with the new D4 engine until later in the year, beginning of next. It does, I advised, there are people who have already ordered them. He would not have it and kept talking to me about the D5 engine. I persisted but gave up after his ignorance would not give way. Back in the showroom he disappeared for 5 minutes, came back and happily announced that I could have the D4 engine after all. I think I was meant to be grateful. How could he not have known that? How do they lack so much knowledge when it comes to their own products?

Rant over. Good luck.
Old May 21st, 2014, 15:04   #28
Flux
Premier Member

...........And it's not as if they sell a host of different vehicles manufacturers either. They just sell Volvo's so they should know EVERYTHING there is to know about that one particular product.

How could someone not know the D4 was available to order.........maybe he pretended he didn't know as he wanted to sell you a D5 that was possibly in stock........to fulfil the quotas. Either way it is shocking.

All the great product innovation at Volvo Sweden and superb range of new cars/engines is being compromised by a lack of knowledge and poor service at dealer level.

Last edited by Flux; May 21st, 2014 at 15:17.
The Following User Says Thank You to Flux For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2014, 16:05   #29
Considered1
Premier Member

Not sure its just Volvo dealers, typical of British Industry..
Whatever I seem to be buying 30 mins on-line, googling gets you up to speed of most salespeople

(just in case of an avalanche from Sales "Professionals" - I am one too!) and as Flux says know your stuff or find out PDQ or at very least ack ownership and confirm someone is "on with it"..
Considered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Considered1 For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2014, 16:20   #30
tem
Premier Member

Unfortunately, sales staff come and go, along with mechanics, as well.
I have had the same salesman for years, but a bit like myself, he is elderly. He is the first to admit that he is a bit poor, when it comes to IT.

On the day that I picked the car up, I spoke to one of the younger salesmen, regarding Sensus Connect. He told me that his training was less than 5 minutes and since then, he has never had to put it into practice.
This is where rightly/wrongly, I decided, I would try and do it myself.

My son will be home at the weekend and he has a Sony phone and will see what can be achieved with that.

tem.