Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1998 Volvo v70r AWD Auto

Views : 688

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 7th, 2017, 20:55   #1
cosmicaero

Default 1998 Volvo v70r AWD Auto

I have for sale my v70r AWD Auto

It's been a Labour of love for a few months now so I'll describe what I've done to her to get it where i believe is a very useable soon to be classic.

1998 Volvo v70r AWD Auto
Quite rare in R form Venetian Red

Mechanically I be believe the car to be in very good condition, the money this car has had spent on it over the year's is quite staggering, no expense has been spared, quite a documented service history with bills sometimes reaching into 4 figure, I'll list examples of the items that have been replaced..

Steering rack, rear brake calipers, rear shockers, fuel pump, fuel filter, timing belt and water pump kit, throttle cable, pcv kit, regular services, bushes, drop links, propshaft bearing kit, ABS module,to name a few, with out going into to much detail the receipts are plentiful, so much as nearly an 1" thick of paper work.

The service book is stamped to support the above and it comes with all the hand books 2 sets of keys and 2 x remotes.

The interior is black leather with alcantara trim, grey R carpets and all is in good condition considering the age, no rips or tears, and minimal wear to the drivers bolster,

The R steering wheel is wearing although I do have another that will come with it, the plan was to refurb one and fit keep other as a spare.

The standard head unit has been replaced with a single din alpine head, Bluetooth compatible with usb port.
I still have the original head which will come with the car.

The boot area has a couple of scuffs from loading over the years, and the boot floor has a couple of minor tears, I have another but it's in a slightly different shade of grey, again this will come with the car.

The wheels are 17" comets in anthracite, they are good, and presentable in there current form.

Tyres are all pirelli p6000 with roughly 4-5mm all rd, 4 wheel alignment has recently been carried out, receipt to support.

The bodywork shines up lovely, all minor dings have recently been sorted and I've just had the rear bumper 're sprayed to help with the sale, the match is quite brilliant, also has the more sporty egg crate front grill.

There's still a couple of very minor chips but nothing major at all.

The mileage is a respectable 126k and she drives lovely no knocks bangs or rattles, the automatic gearbox is a pleasure and awd system grips to the road like it should with no vibrations or whines at all.

2 previous owners.

Mot is up in June, although I don't think she'll need anything doing, you never can be sure.

There are no warning lights on tbe dash and all the electrics work fine.

Hopefully she'll go to someone who can appreciate it like I have, maybe keep her completely standard with exception of the stereo.

The plan was to keep her and garage it as I can see the prices of these only going one way and that's up, but I have a recently purchased a low mileage saab viggen which i plan to start taking to shows, something Ive wanted to do for a while.

I'm looking for I believe a respectable £2750 ovno.

Pictures speak a thousand words so I will endeavour to get some as soon as work permits me the time to clean her.

Please get in touch via pm if you have any questions or would like a viewing/test drive.

I'm based in Cumbria.

Last edited by cosmicaero; Mar 7th, 2017 at 21:09.
cosmicaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8th, 2017, 20:52   #2
cosmicaero

Default V70r

All info and pictures here.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162423643303

Thanks
cosmicaero is offline   Reply With Quote