Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Value of a classic S70 in brilliant condition

Views : 1201

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 26th, 2020, 15:36   #1
Paul Flatman

Default Value of a classic S70 in brilliant condition

My father, a former VOC member, who once won 'best kept volvo' twice with his 245D, in the 1970s has sadly recently passed on. His current car, an S70 25T, which he bought new in 1996, is sitting in the garage, still looking like new, with a full service history, and very low mileage (63K miles). Would you know how we could sell this beautiful car to someone who would cherish it, in the same way that my father did, and would you have any idea of it's value?
Thanks Very Much
Paul Flatman
Paul Flatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 18:25   #2
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Flatman View Post
My father, a former VOC member, who once won 'best kept volvo' twice with his 245D, in the 1970s has sadly recently passed on. His current car, an S70 25T, which he bought new in 1996, is sitting in the garage, still looking like new, with a full service history, and very low mileage (63K miles). Would you know how we could sell this beautiful car to someone who would cherish it, in the same way that my father did, and would you have any idea of it's value?
Thanks Very Much
Paul Flatman
Sorry for your loss. Sounds stunning, the kind of car id love to own!! Its probably worth a lot more to you than the market will pay but I would suggest a well worded add on here, Car and Classic and if all else fails eBay with a sensible reserve. Many people moan about eBay but in my dim and distant horse trading days, I always got good results from using it...classic section for that car.

Sadly for you, but not for enthusiasts, well cared for low owner volvo 850 and v and s70 are not terribly thin on the ground. Hate to be tje first to say it, but your car is worth exaxtly what someone wants to pay for it! If it has sentimental value and you have the space, keep it yourself and use it as a weekend toy!

Edit. Being a saloon probably hurts its value, although these are the cars I prefer! Post some pics up if you can... must resist...must resist...

Last edited by biggbn; Aug 26th, 2020 at 18:33.
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2020, 23:17   #3
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

£1500 ish
rudi dudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 06:11   #4
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi dudi View Post
£1500 ish
Sadly I think you are about right!!
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 07:06   #5
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Sorry for the sad reason for your post, also sorry but I'd agree with the others that the car will probably not be worth as much as we think it should be. When it comes to determining a price I tend to look at ebay and look at 'completed items' to see what actually sold and how much, (people can list a car for as much as they want but until someone pays for it they are just trying their luck). One that looks similar (with higher mileage) went for £2895 here, and there's one on auction now ending 4th Sept here, but this one didn't evn get a bid despite being listed twice with a start of £2950.

As Biggbn says, put a few pics up on here and see if anyone bites.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg

Last edited by DaveNP; Aug 27th, 2020 at 07:10.
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 07:32   #6
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNP View Post
Sorry for the sad reason for your post, also sorry but I'd agree with the others that the car will probably not be worth as much as we think it should be. When it comes to determining a price I tend to look at ebay and look at 'completed items' to see what actually sold and how much, (people can list a car for as much as they want but until someone pays for it they are just trying their luck). One that looks similar (with higher mileage) went for £2895 here, and there's one on auction now ending 4th Sept here, but this one didn't evn get a bid despite being listed twice with a start of £2950.

I had a hunt around Internet and these cars are advertised for anything from a few hundred quid to, as you say, about three grand with all manner of mileage and owners. 3k is decent t5 money now, and you can still find decent t5s for around 1500 quid and I think that's the problem, soneone will have to want a non t5 saloon and be prepared to pay the money. Most people want wagons although I think saloons drive tighter and tend to have been better kept, as this one sounds like it has. My Mrs would kill me but I would be interested in a car like this with the caveat low miles 90s stuff is still around in surprising quantity. I.just missed a saab 900, the gm model, with 40k miles for £750, and a 70k mile 850 volvo for just under a grand. My mrs old BMW is done, looking for an interesting replacement...unfortunately she doesn't share my passion for old volvo saloons!!
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 17:32   #7
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNP View Post

The cars you link are t5s, ops dad's is a 2.5 turbo saloon, not as desirable for most unfortunately
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 17:59   #8
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

The Silver one is a forum members car ..He's been trying to sell it for £2950 since the spring.It's a 2k max car with a £3k price tag.. Hence why it's still for sale and will be aswell.
The Coral one is a forum members aswell and was obtained for considerably less than the Ebay price tag.
The S70 is just not desirable a car with a very limited market.
£1500 is it's absolute V max value .
rudi dudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 18:13   #9
PNuT
MaDMaN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Flatman View Post
Thanks Very Much
Paul Flatman
Manual/auto?
Interior?
Sunroof?
Aircon work?
Old Aug 27th, 2020, 19:01   #10
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggbn View Post
The cars you link are t5s, ops dad's is a 2.5 turbo saloon, not as desirable for most unfortunately
Mea Culpa
Just re read the op's post and realised I misread it this morning, unfortunately that means no matter how well preserved the original car is it's not going to be worth loads.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote