Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V90 360 camera - blue tinge front and rear

Views : 750

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 13th, 2021, 16:52   #1
alexreeves

Question V90 360 camera - blue tinge front and rear

Hi all,

This past week I've noticed that the front and rear cameras on my 360 parking camera on my V90 CC have developed an obvious blue caste. The side cameras are fine and showing normal colours - see photo.

The weather has been very cold, around freezing most days so not sure if this might have affected the cameras?

Anyone else experienced similar? It's booked in for a service next month so will ask the dealer to look at it if it doesn't improve when the weather gets warmer.

Cheers,

Alex
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3290C5BF-4F05-4A46-A0F8-057FEB47B352.jpeg (382.6 KB, 64 views)
Old Feb 13th, 2021, 22:43   #2
Quaffwine

Not sure about that but it might be salt.

Unrelated but if you hotspot from your phone abs use the in car Spotify or tidal app you get a much more impressive sound quality out of your B&W speakers!
Old Feb 14th, 2021, 01:03   #3
alexreeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaffwine View Post
Not sure about that but it might be salt.

Unrelated but if you hotspot from your phone abs use the in car Spotify or tidal app you get a much more impressive sound quality out of your B&W speakers!
I thought maybe salt also so cleaned all lenses but no better.

Thanks for the suggestion about hotspot/Spotify - I'll give that a try tomorrow 😃👍
Old Feb 15th, 2021, 01:57   #4
coppice

Is the colour caste there all the time? In my V90 sometimes the colour from one or more cameras fails to match the others, but as I move the car around the colour balance adapts, and the effect goes away. I think its something about the direction of the sunlight confusing the cameras.

Do the 21" wheels on your V90CC have the same crazy low profile tyres as the V90? I scraped the rims a couple of times in the first few days I had the car, just climbing over a few centimetres of kerb. Then after I had the car for two weeks, I drove over something in the road, which couldn't have been all that big, and it took out both tyres and both rims on one side of the car. At this point I changed to 19" wheels, as i felt I'd never be able to relax and enjoy the car. Four 19" rims and tyres cost less than two 21" sets.

Last edited by coppice; Feb 15th, 2021 at 02:04.
coppice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
360, camera, parking