Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fitting mud flaps to a XC60

Views : 6031

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2018, 22:08   #21
HDAV
Master Member

They are the genuine Volvo ones on offer through the my Volvo portal you need to register with my Volvo then fill in the form and select local dealer, local dealer then contacts you.......

https://volvoid.eu.volvocars.com/Vol...ient_id=Y0e966
HDAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 22:31   #22
Mick787

There is also the boot tray/liner on offer with the mud flaps until the end of October. I registered my interest but haven't heard a thing from the dealer or anyone since submitting the form.
Mick787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2018, 22:55   #23
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
There is also the boot tray/liner on offer with the mud flaps until the end of October. I registered my interest but haven't heard a thing from the dealer or anyone since submitting the form.

Funnily I had email saying it was for a boot liner not mud flaps... sent them the email I was sent from Volvo......

Last edited by HDAV; Oct 26th, 2018 at 23:00.
Old Oct 27th, 2018, 19:29   #24
noodle1066
Volvo is now in my blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendon91 View Post
have you got an active link for these mudflaps?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-OEM-F...frcectupt=true

I bought these 3 years ago, needed to buy 1 replacement (I damaged a rear), but bought another set of 4 in August, so can confirm they are still identical to the OEM. Plus only took 1 week for delivery.
noodle1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to noodle1066 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 16:54   #25
HDAV
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle1066 View Post
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-OEM-F...frcectupt=true

I bought these 3 years ago, needed to buy 1 replacement (I damaged a rear), but bought another set of 4 in August, so can confirm they are still identical to the OEM. Plus only took 1 week for delivery.
Says they won’t for R design? Any idea which ones do dealer quoting £65 a set fitted....
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 22:04   #26
Mick787

HDAV, the e mail I had from Volvo stated both load area liner and mud flaps had a price reduction. I replied to both sections on it. I rang my dealer who said they didn't know which boot liner/tray Volvo were talking about so it would be best for me to send the e mail in so they could establish what Volvo's offer referred to because the e mail didn't give the normal retail price and therefore it didn't give any idea of the special offer price! I did and I still haven't had any response. The e mail, dated the 24th October, said the offers end on 31st of October. I've kept the e mail!
Old Oct 31st, 2018, 22:27   #27
HDAV
Master Member

That’s the email I had, Keith price in Abergavenny knew about the load liners but not the flaps most dealers I tried didn’t bother to respond....

Wondering if it’s worth telling Volvo UK as clearly their marketing efforts are not being supported by the dealers......
Old Nov 1st, 2018, 20:47   #28
Mick787

HDAV, now that the offer has lapsed I have done exactly that today with Volvo UK. I have asked them what the take up on their offer was like and that if it could have been better, then perhaps this response by the dealer(s) is the cause! The more of us that experienced this telling Volvo Uk, the better IMO.
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 17:31   #29
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick787 View Post
HDAV, the e mail I had from Volvo stated both load area liner and mud flaps had a price reduction. I replied to both sections on it. I rang my dealer who said they didn't know which boot liner/tray Volvo were talking about so it would be best for me to send the e mail in so they could establish what Volvo's offer referred to because the e mail didn't give the normal retail price and therefore it didn't give any idea of the special offer price! I did and I still haven't had any response. The e mail, dated the 24th October, said the offers end on 31st of October. I've kept the e mail!
I also took up the offer for the load mat and mud flaps. I was told my dealer would contact me. When I went in to find out what was happening they knew nothing about the offer. However they did get them for me and will honour the offer. They told me that the order did go to whoever in Volvo UK was responsible, but they had left the company, so the order just lay there!!
My dealer is very good and pro-active. I suspect some are not, so wouldn't follow up.
Wizzpop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2018, 20:27   #30
HDAV
Master Member

I will try and contact them Monday, what are you being told the price of the flaps is o was quoted £65 a pair fitted? Been quoted less unfitted by a different dealer wondering if this an actual offer or just the list price?