Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V60 Polestar - what are people paying?

Views : 4669

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 4th, 2014, 11:10   #1
cx90

Default V60 Polestar - what are people paying?

Seems to Volvo might have got a bit ahead of themselves in pricing. See lots of new T6 Polestars for £50k but price guides are nowhere near that...

Think Volvo wanting 60 or70k for an XC90 is also ridiculous - expect big discounts once initial period has passed...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (115.3 KB, 80 views)
cx90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6th, 2014, 15:32   #2
bluey_xc90

Just been offered one for just over £47k by dealer with one in stock. However, no Volvo support yet. The dealer has one brand new one and one being run by their sales director. Only interested if £44k or under new as otherwise going to stung badly with the depreciation!

Will be interesting to see what the one being run as a demo goes for - or wait a year and get even bigger chunk off?
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 22:36   #3
don kalmar union
Trader

Default The best deal on a V60 p*.....

Well there were eight, yes eight on autotrader last week and one of those, believe it or not, on ebay all at list or thereabouts.

What really will prove interesting is just how the dealers who have fallen for the BS and bought for stock will get out from under and overcome Volvo's greedy and uninformed take on just what the market will see as their true value, new, right now.

Amongst the few who have enjoyed various of Volvo's offerings, modified, tracked and even competed in them these past few years and who have latterly been able to put in some miles in a press car, and in some areas been more than impressed, the judgement is that they would be fairly priced, new, at £35,000 and expect them to be changing hands below £20,000 in 18months.

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7th, 2014, 22:48   #4
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

If you allow for inflation then the XC90 is exactly the same price in this latest guise as it was when it was first introduced - and it has sold pretty well since then
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 00:07   #5
Rooster
Speed freak

Well if the older S60/V70R's are anything to go on they will drop like a stone in price
07 CB600 Hornet --- 2 wheel fun
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8th, 2014, 09:55   #6
Crockers
Premier Member

Problem with most "performance" cars is they get ragged silly by the first / second owners and therefore decome less desirable as they get older. Then they are bought by enthusiasts or people without the means to keep them well maintained. If the former then they can plateau out if the latter ....avoid like the plague..

Then there's the running costs.
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 15:18   #7
bluey_xc90

I think that looking of prices of Audi S4's which I see as the comparative cars you can get a reasonably spec one new for £38-40 with discount. At 3 years old they range from £22k to £28k depending on mileage and condition.

I think the assumption of being £20k after 18 months is more than a bit out - I would expect at that point to be about £30-35k! That is what I am basing my judgements on if I do get one as they are a limited model and known to be a cracking car for petrolheads. See the recent pistonheads review on it which helps cement the future reputation of the polestar!
bluey_xc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2014, 16:37   #8
andymcp
Premier Member

It's a niche car with a limited number of potential buyers, so does it really matter what Volvo decide to pitch it at? List, my car was just shy of £42k, with about £1.5k of that being things is have to add to any model I chose. Had there been an AWD variant available then I would have valued that at a few thousand. Had I been in the market for added performance then I would have paid for that too (assuming a Polestar bump for the D4 was available). The R design would have given me sportier suspension, but at extra cost. So add all that together and I'd be near £50k for a slightly sportier, slightly updated suspension AWD diesel. Nudge up all the extras for doing the sport upgrade right, as a Polestar does, and you're over £50k.

Yes, I understand that I got a near £10k discount on list, but I bought a car in the sector of the market that wants to compete with volume. That's where the discount came from, really. Would I expdct the same margin if I was on the hunt for a niche performance car? Eh, no.

Don't like the V60 Polestar price? The simple answer is don't buy one. Had a look on Autotrader and those 8 ads actually represent a smaller number of available cars (you can clearly see the duplicates), so why slash the price on a rarity?

If you do buy one, I'll give you a big wave when you zip past me at full tilt.

Mine: 2014 V60 D4 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
Mrs McP: 2013 V40 D2 R-Design Lux Nav
andymcp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andymcp For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 28th, 2015, 15:43   #9
AdamAtMillVolvo

Smile V60 Polestar for sale!

My group has a V60 Polestar in black for sale, its brand new has only delivery mileage and with it being brand new we can get support from Volvo of over £2,000. With it being a pretty rare car it will have a high guaranteed future value therefore you will always have equity in the car if bough on PCP. Obviously with it being a polestar it has every option on it as standard.

The cash price of the car is £38,995 which is such a bargain for a brand new £50,000 350BHP 4WD car. I have done a few finance quotes as initial ideas and they are coming out at around £450-£500 per month with a very small deposit of around £1,500-£2,000. Obviously the more deposit put down the cheaper the car will be.

This car has around £11,000 discount from new! A lot of people who would usually dream of owning a Polestar could actually own one! It works out more buying a used £30,000 polestar per month. As another example with £8,000 deposit it works out a £350 per month! That's only a fraction more than an XC60 D4 SE! We deliver nationwide for free!

If anyone is interested please text me (Adam) on 07515923566 and I will assist you from there.
AdamAtMillVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28th, 2015, 16:57   #10
chopper602

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAtMillVolvo View Post
My group has a V60 Polestar in black for sale, its brand new has only delivery mileage and with it being brand new we can get support from Volvo of over £2,000. With it being a pretty rare car it will have a high guaranteed future value therefore you will always have equity in the car if bough on PCP. Obviously with it being a polestar it has every option on it as standard.

The cash price of the car is £38,995 which is such a bargain for a brand new £50,000 350BHP 4WD car. I have done a few finance quotes as initial ideas and they are coming out at around £450-£500 per month with a very small deposit of around £1,500-£2,000. Obviously the more deposit put down the cheaper the car will be.

This car has around £11,000 discount from new! A lot of people who would usually dream of owning a Polestar could actually own one! It works out more buying a used £30,000 polestar per month. As another example with £8,000 deposit it works out a £350 per month! That's only a fraction more than an XC60 D4 SE! We deliver nationwide for free!

If anyone is interested please text me (Adam) on 07515923566 and I will assist you from there.
They (Mill in Stockton) used to have a Rebel Blue one too, but I bought that (and got a hefty discount too) !!
2012 TEC Motorhome 1985 Citroen 2CV6
chopper602 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chopper602 For This Useful Post: