Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

!990 gl B200F

Views : 2001

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 14th, 2017, 22:35   #11
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Default B200F Central locking Switch..

Hi Again guys,,,i havent yet found the answer to the warm up problem i am having although it seems slightly better.....BUT NOW,,,,,I needed a new Battery...As the old one was flat one day..tested and dead. Then after a couple of days new one Was flat,,,,ok so i had a drainage problem which turns out to be the central locking....so i am now looking for a starter lock switch part number 3540136....it is part of the rod you pull up and down to activate the other doors....volvo don't do them anymore so maybe someone here can help..?? 1990 B200F estate jet-tronic system... a second hand one if not new ,,,will be trying a switch cleaner or has anyone else had a similar problem...???..will be using the car with the fuse out , any advise gratefully received....
timetrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 09:07   #12
paddingtonbear

Contact Antz in the for sale section of the forum, he has got mountains of stuff and is very helpful and has apparently still got a shell that he could perhaps take one off. Good luck
paddingtonbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 10:46   #13
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetrip View Post
Hi Again guys,,,i havent yet found the answer to the warm up problem i am having although it seems slightly better.....BUT NOW,,,,,I needed a new Battery...As the old one was flat one day..tested and dead. Then after a couple of days new one Was flat,,,,ok so i had a drainage problem which turns out to be the central locking....so i am now looking for a starter lock switch part number 3540136....it is part of the rod you pull up and down to activate the other doors....volvo don't do them anymore so maybe someone here can help..?? 1990 B200F estate jet-tronic system... a second hand one if not new ,,,will be trying a switch cleaner or has anyone else had a similar problem...???..will be using the car with the fuse out , any advise gratefully received....
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddingtonbear View Post
Contact Antz in the for sale section of the forum, he has got mountains of stuff and is very helpful and has apparently still got a shell that he could perhaps take one off. Good luck
Thanks guys. Send me a pic and I'll see if I have one.

Cheers
Ant

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 11:00   #14
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Just for my info, is this the mushroom knob for the door locks? I think they are interchangeable between the doors. And very likely one from another car especially say a 740 would fit.
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 13:48   #15
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

I once had problems with that switch - you mean the one shaped a bit like a cotton reel in line with the rod from the push button on the driver's door?

Mine started activating itself spontaneously, as if gravity was overcoming some spring inside. Sometimes the doors would lock by themselves, or drain the battery.

The simple makeshift (ie permanent) solution was to wind a bit of black tape round the button so that it was a tighter fit in the hole in the door capping so didn't slip.
Other colours are available to match the trim.
Clifford Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clifford Pope For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 15th, 2017, 19:20   #16
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Default central locking

Once again guys thanks for the info,,,,i will be able to send or post a picture on Monday or Tuesday as i am away till then....but it is like a small cotton reel {slightly bigger than AA battery}with three wires to a multi plug and wires going to what looks like a strap device around the key barrel.on the inside of course ,,lol...well i hope this is the problem....regards Adrian. ps i should mention that you are right Clifford pope but i am not sure that it is working at all...although when i found the fault {via a bulb across the negative side of battery}and replaced the fuse i could hear the door motors going.....if this helps ...

Last edited by timetrip; Dec 15th, 2017 at 19:28.
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 19:27   #17
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Default b2oof harness

well guys i don't seem to be able to send a photo from my galaxy s 6 as i go to upload then it goes off and no image is appearing anywhere.....But have taken harness off door which has some decay around the lock switch end { no where else} and one of the multi plug pins was furred up {the blue and red one} the only thing i can not clean or rewire is the inline switch itself....this will be done in the next couple of days {getting wire from my mechanic tomorrow morning}... any suggestions as to the inline actuator switch other than switch cleaner.,??
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 20:02   #18
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Does it look like a small black cylinder with a long metal rod up to the door pin and a set of wires which coems out of it and goes to a connection in the door loom, and a black piece around the door lock?

If so....yes I have one. Its removed and can be sent to you for a nominal fee How about £8 delivered?

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 20:57   #19
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Yes ant that's the one and i will have it cheers.....my email is garfield78@hotmail.co,uk presume you will send a payment request to me via that..regards Adrian...or 07939 720999

Last edited by timetrip; Dec 18th, 2017 at 21:00.
Old Dec 18th, 2017, 21:16   #20
timetrip
Not a junior anymore

Yes ant that's the one and i will have it cheers.....my email is garfield78@hotmail.co,uk presume you will send a payment request to me via that..regards Adrian...