Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2005 Volvo S60 2.0T Se

Views : 1143

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 29th, 2017, 23:24   #1
Cento16v

Default 2005 Volvo S60 2.0T Se

So I am looking to move on my S60 due to needing a larger car.

It doesn't get used very much any more, the car is a 2005 S60 2.0T, Facelift model, 5 Speed auto which has recently had a gearbox oil change and a full service, all oils and filters changes including PAS fluid, timing belt replaced at 87500 miles prior to my purchase.

I've had the car about 14 Months, bought to replace a 2001 Saab 9-5 SE, it's much more refined and feels a lot better screwed together than the Saab was but as our child seat has highlighted, quite a bit smaller.

I've spent a bit of money on things, just replaced the lower engine mount about 3 months ago, replaced front and rear drop links to cure the slight rattle it had and also fitted a detachable removable towbar which cost £180 and has only been used twice.

The car has a MOT until June next year, and has a pretty complete service history and in my ownership has had 2 oil changes with fully synthetic Shell Helix oil.

The issues the car has currently is the Anti Skid/Brake Assist Service required message intermittently comes up on display and it needs a boot spoiler fitting to it ideally as the previous owner removed it for some reason and it has 2 blanking plugs installed in the boot where it should be, purely cosmetic but I'd sort it if I was keeping it.

The car was code read and the fault is the Pump Motor for the ABS, which is available for £40-50 on eBay and doesn't need recoding and can be fitted in situ as per the guide I've posted below, it had the ECU replaced prior to my purchase and was fine until 2 months ago when the fault message came back on.

There are no other faults mechanically or electronically with the car, no corrosion or any major damage to the body what so ever, couple of age related marks and scuffs on the very lower of the front bumper but nothing visible tbh.

The car is quite a high spec, has the full upgrade hi-fi with the additional front door speakers, AC blows ice cold, cruise control, DSTC, clear coated front windows and mirror glasses to replace muck/rain, it also has a sunroof which works perfectly and full cream leather upholstery with matching Volvo mats, rear parking sensors and both heated seats work correctly also.

Also has the boot divider for shopping and had a new battery in November last year.

All in all it's a very good car, a new spoiler and a ABS motor and it will go on forever, 102000 miles which is low mileage for one of these, 17'' Orestes alloys with Michelin Cross Climates up front and Avon ZV5s at the back.

I'll get some pics up if there's any interest, looking for £950 Ono for the car, located near Saltaire, Weat Yorkshire.

Any questions let me know, would happily trade for a S80, Decent sized estate or a Saab 9-5 as we need more space Money either way.

Cheers

Liam

Last edited by Cento16v; Aug 29th, 2017 at 23:53.
Cento16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2017, 23:48   #2
Cento16v

Apparently the Photobucket pictures don't work anymore but I'll happily email any pictures to anyone, unless they can be uploaded here somewhere as they keep saying upload failed when I try?
Old Oct 14th, 2017, 22:53   #3
Cento16v

I've decided I'm keeping it as I couldn't find any better car to replace it!
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 22:10   #4
Cento16v

This is back up for sale now.

Since my last post it's had 2 further Michelin Cross Climates so is running them all round now

Upper engine mount has been replaced with a powered one as well now which although it's increased the vibration, it's only at idle and underpaid it's like a different car.

New ABS pump fitted which got rid of the related DTC, now need a new osf reluctor which I have and should be fitting this saturday.

It's also had a new Nissens Radiator fitted 1237 miles ago and new coolant and both front lower arms replaced which were an advisory on the last MOT.

It's a decent car , I've been given a new car which I wasn't expecting to replace my Mini so I can sell this and get something fun again 😊

Willing to listen to offers over £1000

It's a well sorted, high spec, lowish mileage car.

Once the reluctors is fit, mechanically no reason it hasn't got 100000 miles more in it.

Need gone ASAP as need the drive space!

Can email pics as Photobucket is still useless!
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 10:53   #5
jasmith44
jasmith44

"Can email pics as Photobucket is still useless! " you can upload pics via "manage attachments". Below
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 17:49   #6
Cento16v

DEFINATELY staying now, there isn't any thing else I've looked at for less than £5k that's anywhere near as good to be in, have a comparable sound system or are anything like as refined!

I think we are a bit spoiled and don't realise how cheap similar cars feel!
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 19:54   #7
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cento16v View Post
DEFINATELY staying now, there isn't any thing else I've looked at for less than £5k that's anywhere near as good to be in, have a comparable sound system or are anything like as refined!

I think we are a bit spoiled and don't realise how cheap similar cars feel!
This is also a problem I'm having. You have to spend a SERIOUS amount of money to find a better quality car.

My S60 is probably worth about £2,000 tops in terms of desirability. But in terms of quality, reliability, solidity, specification and longevity it feels like it should be worth £20,000.
The Following User Says Thank You to T5R92011 For This Useful Post: