Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1992 K Reg 240SE 2.0L For Sale (Truro Cornwall) 115000 miles

Views : 566

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 26th, 2017, 11:20   #1
MissJewels

Default 1992 K Reg 240SE 2.0L For Sale (Truro Cornwall) 115000 miles

The planets have aligned and my beloved car has to go.

Disclaimer: Whilst am I huge fan of the mighty legend that is the 240, I do not know the first thing about cars. I am a widowed lady gynaecologist, I will do my very best to answer any questions you may have, but do please be aware of my limitations.

I have just accepted a new job in the Middle East and now I have to pack up my old life and get on with my new start. Up until this week the car has been running perfectly and has never let me down in the 4 years I have had her. She has developed a loud banging noise which seems to be coming from behind the dashboard??? I have no idea what the noise is, but she is still driving as normal. The MOT expires in Sept 2017. I will be leaving the country November/December and I have so very much to do before then, with the the house, dog etc as well as working full time. I do not have time to deal with getting her looked at, fixed and MOT'd under the circumstances. The time is probably right for her to go to a new home.

I'm hoping that there is an enthusiast out there who will want to take her on and keep her on the road. Until now she has been my only car, used for everything that a car is used for day to day. I have no idea what she might be worth (in monetary terms anyway). I do not want her to end up as a banger racer, or festering in a shed, and I don't think she's quite ready to go to Valhalla just yet.

She has had one owner before me
Partial service history
Handbook and folder is present
Two keys
Wheel nut thingies are there to get the wheels off
I got her in Nov 2013 from a dealer in London
She had a new clutch straight after I got her
Been regularly serviced and maintained by a good friend of mine at his independent garage/workshop in the last 4 years
Has had the power steering pump reconditioned, new steering rack and steering ball joint in the last 6 months

As well as the noise I mentioned at the start, current issues are:
Trip-o-meter button has come out
Passenger side electric window not working
Passenger side central locking not working
Damage to paintwork and black trim around one back window since I have had her
Front inside door cards could do with replacing
Blowers are rubbish, but they do work (same as all the other 240s I have had)
Drivers seat tips a bit to the left, but I find it really comfy!!!

Good things are that the car is very straight, and the back wheel arches are quite good (IMHO) with very minimal rust. Underneath has been sealed so hard to say what's going on there.

I'm sure that none of this would be beyond any of the wonderful people on here to fix, but all quite beyond me!

I will amend the post if there is anything else I can think of.

Any advice welcome about anything I should list that I haven't, or other tips for selling? I'm not keen on the idea of eBay .... Hope it won't come to that.

Can't seem to work out how to post more than one upside down photo ... I will keep trying, but otherwise happy to email pics if you are interested. I have just managed to put some photos, (albeit upside down) in an album on my profile page if that helps.

If you think she might suit you, please do contact me on 07736239684. I'm open to offers!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (128.2 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by MissJewels; Jul 26th, 2017 at 14:15.
MissJewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2017, 09:23   #2
steeplejack

Hi can you send email more pictures to alpinecon@yahoo.com
My sister lives down that way, so it may be worth me making a trip!!
Cheers.
steeplejack is offline   Reply With Quote