Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 won't connect to iPhone

Views : 2260

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2018, 22:16   #11
MCV60
Master Member

Update, regarding the non connectivity to my iPhone to my V90.
It would appear the system sh@t itself. As it wouldn’t connect to phone and lost all contacts/favourites.
I was dreading my 2.5hr drive to Solihul this morning.
Well after turning my phone on and off a few times yesterday. Hey presto everything connects as it should.

I even got the at bat to provide alternative routes and traffic update. Fingers crossed it lasts. I’ll hold from calling the dealer for now.

Last edited by MCV60; Jan 18th, 2018 at 22:24.
MCV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCV60 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 18th, 2018, 22:31   #12
MCV60
Master Member

Another question.
Is there anyway for the Sensus to use the profile pics for contacts from the phone rather than display the blank silhouette?
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 11:25   #13
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV60 View Post
Another question.
Is there anyway for the Sensus to use the profile pics for contacts from the phone rather than display the blank silhouette?
I don't think this works with iPhones; it's an Apple restriction.

Works great with Android though
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 11:28   #14
BarryUK

Sensus on my car does display the contact's profile picture, (iPhone 7).
BarryUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2018, 11:43   #15
Lexman8
Premier Member

Strange, there's various reports of it not working on iPhones and it doesn't work with my mate's iPhone and his XC90. The assertion was that Apple hadn't implemented the relevant Bluetooth profile. Perhaps it depends on the particular iPhone model.
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 09:13   #16
MCV60
Master Member

Carwow XC60 4 month review https://youtu.be/BlHsf3e858Q

Interesting that he claims Bluetooth coonectivity is the easiest he’s come across.
I suppose it is when it works.
Old Jan 21st, 2018, 10:50   #17
Lexman8
Premier Member

Bluetooth on my XC90 (same system as XC60) is also the best of any car I've had. Works 100% of the time with my Android Nexus phone.

Bluetooth is quite a complex system and depends upon both the car and phone having compatible and well implemented profiles (these are the routines which perform particular tasks). The problem may be with your phone, not the car.

I pretty much agree with the likes and dislikes especially the sunroof switch and the traffic info which I've found to be increasingly unreliable since I first got the car. I just ignore it now.

Last edited by Lexman8; Jan 21st, 2018 at 11:09.
Lexman8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 23:38   #18
MCV60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexman8 View Post
Strange, there's various reports of it not working on iPhones and it doesn't work with my mate's iPhone and his XC90. The assertion was that Apple hadn't implemented the relevant Bluetooth profile. Perhaps it depends on the particular iPhone model.

After first year service and appears my iPhone contact profile photos now sync with Sensus. Bonus.
Old Apr 18th, 2018, 23:43   #19
adambsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV60 View Post
After first year service and appears my iPhone contact profile photos now sync with Sensus. Bonus.
Yes same for me - I think there was a system update a couple of weeks ago which I did via the iPhone and I now have profile photos.
adambsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2018, 03:18   #20
Georgeaa

After a recent software update (to try and resolve other issues) I phone contact pictures started working on my XC90
Georgeaa is offline   Reply With Quote