Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'H' reg Volvo 240GL for sale

Views : 3736

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 7th, 2010, 12:06   #21
Audrey Old
VOC Member

An update on this car. Whilst at Sussex Volvo Spares this morning, getting my 164 back after having a new clutch fitted (luverly to be tight and responsive again!) I asked about the white 240, which is still parked in the same place. The boss there said he'd not had any enquiries about it, despite it being a decent car, so it will be scrapped if not sold in the next month.

I know it will need to be taxed and possibly MoT'd soon, but that happens to every car nowadays, so with a car having nil depreciation, how come its not been sold? With all this talk of financial problems increasing, where do people get the money from to buy rapidly devaluing new cars when cars like this are around.

I am tempted to do a swap with the garage, with my 240 former day-car which is now dry-stored after sweet little things (grrr) chucked stones into the windscreen last year, and cracked it. I was quoted £144 from RAC Windscreens for a replacement - sad but more economic to replace the car.

Come on folks - if coming down from north by train to Brighton I'll collect you at the station and take you to the car - can't be fairer than that.

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Audrey Old For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 20:18   #22
RF82
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey Old View Post
An update on this car. Whilst at Sussex Volvo Spares this morning, getting my 164 back after having a new clutch fitted (luverly to be tight and responsive again!) I asked about the white 240, which is still parked in the same place. The boss there said he'd not had any enquiries about it, despite it being a decent car, so it will be scrapped if not sold in the next month.

I know it will need to be taxed and possibly MoT'd soon, but that happens to every car nowadays, so with a car having nil depreciation, how come its not been sold? With all this talk of financial problems increasing, where do people get the money from to buy rapidly devaluing new cars when cars like this are around.

I am tempted to do a swap with the garage, with my 240 former day-car which is now dry-stored after sweet little things (grrr) chucked stones into the windscreen last year, and cracked it. I was quoted £144 from RAC Windscreens for a replacement - sad but more economic to replace the car.

Come on folks - if coming down from north by train to Brighton I'll collect you at the station and take you to the car - can't be fairer than that.

Paul
How can I turn the offer of a lift from the train station down? I`ll call the garage in the morning, and head down ASAP.

Is there any time you wouldn`t be available towards the end of the week?

Thanks,

Rob
RF82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RF82 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 20:33   #23
brodgar
I've Been Banned

Default community spirit

Great community spirit audry

thx
brodgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2010, 22:12   #24
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

Just great news in the last few posts! Let's hope that 200 is saved via these forums!
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/
Paul240480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 00:46   #25
Skunkola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul240480 View Post
Just great news in the last few posts! Let's hope that 200 is saved via these forums!
Seconded. I shouldn't read this section really as it's just a tease and potentially heartbreaking when the word 'scrap' is used. Here's hoping for a happy ending.
Skunkola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 05:54   #26
James A
VOC Member

If I had somewhere to park it, I'd have it without hesitation!
2014-Date: 1992 940SE Turbo automatic estate 'Wentworth' - The Wentworth
James A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 11:17   #27
RF82
Trader

Car has already sold

You snooze, you lose I suppose!
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:10   #28
Audrey Old
VOC Member

RF82 - sorry to get your hopes up unnecessarily. We took a flyer for the forthcoming Bentley Volvo Gathering round to the garage's boss yesterday afternoon, and he didn't say it had been sold.

I would have asked for an inspection plus test run but just got back home to hear my elderly mother had been rushed to hospital after a neighbour had found her collapsed in the garden. Therefore only now able to switch computer on again, after spending most of the night with her in Casualty - she's OK thankfully, just bruised plus hypothermia (in summer!).

Hope car has gone to a Forums lister - being snoopy as I am I'll ask the boss for new owners details - we need more members at the Sussex VOC Section!

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2010, 12:44   #29
RF82
Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey Old View Post
RF82 - sorry to get your hopes up unnecessarily. We took a flyer for the forthcoming Bentley Volvo Gathering round to the garage's boss yesterday afternoon, and he didn't say it had been sold.

I would have asked for an inspection plus test run but just got back home to hear my elderly mother had been rushed to hospital after a neighbour had found her collapsed in the garden. Therefore only now able to switch computer on again, after spending most of the night with her in Casualty - she's OK thankfully, just bruised plus hypothermia (in summer!).

Hope car has gone to a Forums lister - being snoopy as I am I'll ask the boss for new owners details - we need more members at the Sussex VOC Section!

Paul
No worries Paul, It was only sold last night. These things happen, if i`d have got off my arse and come down sooner, I wouldn`t have missed it. As you say though, hopefully it goes to a good home and forum member!

These things are all put into perspective though when a loved one falls ill. I hope you mum gets well soon.

Rob