Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members CarsBlogs Help Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Best place for a lpg conversion

Views : 1768

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 20:37   #21
GreenBrick
It was green and bricky
 
GreenBrick's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 12:50
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Poynton, Cheshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
See my above posts and basically donít bother.
I had a bad Audi once, and still recommend nobody should buy one.

I too am also guilty of over-generalisation...

I am sure the Taxis in Japan (over 200K of them) must run ok on LPG, same as there must be a few Audis that don't spend all the time in the dealers.

I hope my Jeep behaves when I get that back on the road, it seems to run OK on gas at the moment.
__________________
Jeep, Proton Jumbuck, V70 (2002), Mazda2, Past Cars:- 945 (1995), Hyundai Coupe, Golf Mk4, Previa, Corsa, 4 x Astra, Volvo 944 16v (1991), Carina, Espace, Ford Escort, Audi 80, Renault 21 Savanna, Polo, Mini Clubman/Pickup, Standard 8, Capri, Maxi.
GreenBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2018, 21:29   #22
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins
 
classicswede's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 21:43
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Anglesey
Default

If you ever find that magic Audi let us all know
__________________
www.classicswede.co.uk
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2018, 22:08   #23
XC90Mk1
Member
 

Last Online: Today 05:32
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southampton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBrick View Post
I had a bad Audi once, and still recommend nobody should buy one.

I too am also guilty of over-generalisation...

I am sure the Taxis in Japan (over 200K of them) must run ok on LPG, same as there must be a few Audis that don't spend all the time in the dealers.

I hope my Jeep behaves when I get that back on the road, it seems to run OK on gas at the moment.
I didnt say I had been in 1 car.
XC90Mk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 12:53   #24
GreenBrick
It was green and bricky
 
GreenBrick's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 12:50
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Poynton, Cheshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
I didnt say I had been in 1 car.
Quite right.

You did, however, say "not one ever worked properly", indicating that you have never been in one that worked properly. Which is unfortunate, but not indicative of all LPG converted cars, fortunately.
__________________
Jeep, Proton Jumbuck, V70 (2002), Mazda2, Past Cars:- 945 (1995), Hyundai Coupe, Golf Mk4, Previa, Corsa, 4 x Astra, Volvo 944 16v (1991), Carina, Espace, Ford Escort, Audi 80, Renault 21 Savanna, Polo, Mini Clubman/Pickup, Standard 8, Capri, Maxi.
GreenBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2018, 14:27   #25
XC90Mk1
Member
 

Last Online: Today 05:32
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southampton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBrick View Post
Quite right.

You did, however, say "not one ever worked properly", indicating that you have never been in one that worked properly. Which is unfortunate, but not indicative of all LPG converted cars, fortunately.
I have been in many which donít work. Principally it was an eml problem which is now an MOT failure despite others on this thread saying it is not.

The op needs to be aware that often they will have issues.
__________________
2012 XC90 SE Lux 75,00miles
XC90Mk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 12:42   #26
GreenBrick
It was green and bricky
 
GreenBrick's Avatar
 

Last Online: Yesterday 12:50
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Poynton, Cheshire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
I have been in many which donít work. Principally it was an eml problem which is now an MOT failure despite others on this thread saying it is not.

The op needs to be aware that often they will have issues.
Do understand right, that LPG conversions are sometimes causing the car's "normal/petrol" check engine light to come on. I can see why that would be a big problem, come MOT time.

Is a check engine light on the LPG system a failure also, even if the car's original is not on?
__________________
Jeep, Proton Jumbuck, V70 (2002), Mazda2, Past Cars:- 945 (1995), Hyundai Coupe, Golf Mk4, Previa, Corsa, 4 x Astra, Volvo 944 16v (1991), Carina, Espace, Ford Escort, Audi 80, Renault 21 Savanna, Polo, Mini Clubman/Pickup, Standard 8, Capri, Maxi.
GreenBrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13th, 2018, 12:50   #27
XC90Mk1
Member
 

Last Online: Today 05:32
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southampton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBrick View Post
Do understand right, that LPG conversions are sometimes causing the car's "normal/petrol" check engine light to come on. I can see why that would be a big problem, come MOT time.

Is a check engine light on the LPG system a failure also, even if the car's original is not on?
Yes it is, look at the previous pages here and I have posted link to official MOT regs, was updated few months ago and in light of this I would not LPG as itís not really worth it.

I seem to be the only person posting facts here rather than old wives tales...
__________________
2012 XC90 SE Lux 75,00miles
XC90Mk1 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XC90Mk1 For This Useful Post:
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:45.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.