Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

!PLEASE READ THIS IT'S UNBELIEVABLE!! harratts Volvo

Views : 11954

Replies : 83

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2014, 17:39   #21
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancee View Post
Just reject it and get your money back.
Wash your hands of it.
Hear, hear! Sound advice, but in an ideal world the OP should also receive some compensation for his time and trouble - it wasn't his fault that he was sold a 'duff' car!

John.
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 19:32   #22
Rossi-fan
Premier Member

There's a VOSA site just off jcn 30 M62. Phone number is 0300 123 9000
Rossi-fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 19:48   #23
Thrustyjust

I don't think, the time ,effort, cost and grievance with the dealer getting a vehicle inspected is really worth it. They will claim , as MOT's are, that at point of inspection was fine. I would run a mile from the beginning, if something major, like steering is damaged, however rare the car is. There is no reason why such a low mileage car should have any issues you stated, unless its been clocked, thrown down the road, involved in a big thump etc. Whichever way, it should be a warning sign of other issues, which may be hidden underneath the skin. Dealers are great at hiding stuff. The cars a unit, they bought in, probably unseen and have to turn it round, maximum profit, minimum spend. If it has issues, they will ignore it to keep there margins high. Thing is, this is the things you have seen !!
Just go in there and demand your money back, no questions asked.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thrustyjust For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2014, 20:37   #24
hodgo64
hodgo

just walk away and put it down to experience.most dealers are respectable but regrettably some are not, no matter what franchise they hold-even Volvo.
hodgo64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 14:02   #25
e123

I wouldn't go near Harratts. They serviced my car twice and that was twice too many. I would recommend both Mill at Knaresborough and Chapmans at York (I live in Cas and work in York, so now use Chapmans)
e123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 15:34   #26
Cardina1

Was this the Leeds, Wakefield or Huddersfield Harratts? or all 3 just for the rest of us.
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 17:19   #27
v40alex
I do like a V40

Funnily enough my car has a number plate with Harrats on at the rear and a Mills one at the front. Reading this, I hope the back end was all Harrats got their hands on
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 21:00   #28
e123

As with the OP, it was Wakefield, but I have heard adverse reports about Huddersfield, too.
e123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2014, 09:10   #29
Stevepvolvo

I purchased a volvo selekt car last year and had quite a few issues with it. As I had purchased it remotely and it was delivered then I was not able to pop in to the dealer. Many phone calls, emails and promises from the dealer (including escalating to the manager) later, nothing was sorted. I logged everything and then wrote a long letter to Volvo customer services. I was contacted the next day by customer services and they got all of the issues sorted including having the car serviced and repaired at my local dealer at the originating dealers expense. I even received a Fortnum and Mason hamper from them for my trouble. It restored my faith in the volvo selekt system that I had used for a number of car changes.
I hope this is of use to you.
Regards
Stevepvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2014, 10:09   #30
Thrustyjust

After my grief with Selekt and main dealer, I would personally get a second opinion inspection done , to give peace of mind, as I wouldnt trust them a 3rd time , if I bought another car from a Volvo garage. Shame it had to come to this, but a couple of hundred pounds ( or whatever it costs) would save money long term.
Thrustyjust is offline   Reply With Quote