Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > ETM Issues

Notices

ETM Issues Discuss issues regarding the problems with ETMs fitted to Volvo cars.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Throttle body/MAF sensor

Views : 2473

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 23rd, 2016, 13:24   #1
Spellbound69

Default Throttle body/MAF sensor

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I've just joined for some advice if anyone has had experience with this issue.
The car is a 2002 V70. We bought it about 3 years ago. There's been issues with it since day 1 and we've slowly been fixing them but this last issue we just can't seem to get through.
When the car has been run for a bit so it's nice and hot, switched off and left for anything up to a couple of hours, and then started up again it goes into limp mode. Chugging in idle, no cruise control and no power if we were to try driving it. We have to then pull the ECU relay & 5amp fuse for the ECU, wait a couple of hours for it to cool & then put them back in. When we get a long high pitched tone from the throttle body we cam start it without any problems.
We bought a Sealey diagnostic machine with the volvo codes on it and got all the codes for throttle body and MAF so the throttle body has been replaced and coded with a reconditioned one, Thursday i got a new throttle pedal and today we've replaced the MAF sensor. It still does it.
It's now cost me over £350 in 3 days doing the pedal and MAF and I'm at the end of my tether thinking of going to a scrap yard, not for parts but to leave the damn thing there.
I've had enough.
Does anyone have any ideas what could possibly be causing the problem now we've had all this work done?
Any help would be very much appreciated
Spellbound69 is offline   Reply With Quote