Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Original Sensus Maps update

Views : 84634

Replies : 408

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 15th, 2017, 08:27   #301
s80driver

Just had my 2010 '60' S60 done by Snows Volvo in Basingstoke and it only cost £45 - update off USB does take some time though but was otherwise easily done on the drive at home!
s80driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2017, 17:45   #302
wackpac

So after time loading it does seem to have updated even though I was prompted for a activation code
version now 30.16.04
software 1210
on 2011 s60
wackpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2017, 17:54   #303
RUSNAFU

Hi,
I'm a new member looking for some help / advice. Hopefully this is the right place.

I've just privately bought a 2014 XC60 R Design Lux. It has a FVSH which hopefully means that everything is up to date!
It does not have the 'NAV' button (although the button does work when pressed) but I do have the internet (connected car) button.
If I select the NAV button or navigation from the menu the screen requests an activation code which I don't have.

I've tried installing the USB map updates which appeared to work - screen message confirmed maps and gracenote had been updated successfully but navigation is still requesting the activation code.

I can't seem to find where the software version would be.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
RUSNAFU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2017, 19:06   #304
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

You need to go to the dealer and pay for the code that will activate the satnav - there is. I other option if you want it to work.
Old Jul 27th, 2017, 19:48   #305
RUSNAFU

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try the dealer tomorrow.
Any ideas roughly how much this might cost?
Old Jul 27th, 2017, 20:46   #306
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I don't know the price these days but as it is am an expensive option on the car don't expect to get it cheap
Old Jul 28th, 2017, 17:20   #307
RUSNAFU

To my complete surprise the Sat Nav has worked perfectly today around 50% of the time with the remainder still asking for the activation code.
I can now also view my map version which shows as 31489568 AA
I haven't had time to visit the dealers and now not sure if I actually need to. Its all very strange.
I'm not sure if its related but the clock setting now won't save, everytime I start the car I have to adjust the clock.....
Old Jul 28th, 2017, 18:28   #308
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSNAFU View Post
To my complete surprise the Sat Nav has worked perfectly today around 50% of the time with the remainder still asking for the activation code.
I can now also view my map version which shows as 31489568 AA
I haven't had time to visit the dealers and now not sure if I actually need to. Its all very strange.
I'm not sure if its related but the clock setting now won't save, everytime I start the car I have to adjust the clock.....
I think you need to determine the original specification of the car.
There's a guy Marc Tilling who has helped members with this in the past. If it came ex-factory with 'Nav' you are in a much better place to get it working !
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NigelDay For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 28th, 2017, 19:04   #309
RUSNAFU

I'm not sure it was a factory option but its certainly working now (well, when it feels like it!)
As you can see, I don't have the NAV button but when pressed it either takes me to NAV or asks for the activation code.
I've tried to PM Marc but can't until I have 30 posts, thanks for the advice though.
I've put my request in the next post if anyone could forward or flag it for him?

Last edited by RUSNAFU; Jul 28th, 2017 at 19:23.
Old Jul 28th, 2017, 19:23   #310
RUSNAFU

Hi Mark,
Sorry to PM you but your name was mentioned by another member today in relation to a NAV issue I'm having on MY14 XC60.

I don't have the NAV written on the button where it usually would be but when pressed it starts the NAV (or tries to).
I've had the car around 3 weeks and would only ever get the "enter activation code" screen when pressed.
I updated (via USB) to the latest map which confirmed to be successful and now the NAV loads and works properly around half the time and asks for the code the other half.

I presume the NAV wasn't a factory fit, or the button would say "NAV" and not be blank so its obviously been upgraded at some point.
Is there any way of confirming this and what I might need to do to get it working 100% of the time?
I've put some photos on the thread to show that it does work.
I'm sure everything is up to date as it has a FVSH.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Andrew