Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 lack of response to accelerator

Views : 39055

Replies : 84

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 16th, 2014, 19:31   #61
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by an2rey View Post
This issue is probably linked to the recent fuel contamination that was identified and has resulted in replacing all the injectors, electric fuel pump and fuel filter. It is unlikely that the cause was a wrong fuel (petrol), most probably it was contaminated diesel, as I have done 300 miles after filling up. There symptoms were difficulty on the start up, longer cranking and then the car just died and was recovered to the dealer.
The dealer has assured me that all the above components have been replaced and the car is back to normal, although, as mentioned before, the power loss is evident and I have to take the car back to them for further tests.
It is unclear to me why after such a major repair the car was not tested by the dealer to spot the issue with the DPF temperature and engine performance. All this has taken already some much time and money and I am beginning to loose hope.
how far did you drive with contaminated fuel?
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 19:54   #62
an2rey

About 300 miles, as there was not indication at all that something was wrong with the fuel or the performance
an2rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 20:01   #63
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by an2rey View Post
About 300 miles, as there was not indication at all that something was wrong with the fuel or the performance
quite a way , what was the dilution factor i wonder 25% petrol ?

compression ratios on Diesels now are so low that they almost match a high performance petrol engine's so they run a lot better on petrol than they used to ! !
Old Dec 16th, 2014, 20:23   #64
an2rey

It is still unknown to me what sort of contamination it was. could have been petrol or some other unknown substance. The dealer has drained the tank after a few failed attempts to start the engine and discovered something like a gunk, and the fuel was rather dark comparing to diesel.
Old Dec 18th, 2014, 18:13   #65
an2rey

Guys, I am sorry if I bore you with my issue, I just want to get to the bottom of it.
Today, the dealer has applied a software update for the injectors timing, apparently it has not been done when I have all five injectors replaced by them. To my question why it has not been carried out at the time when new injectors were installed, they said "don't know, it is not compulsory". A bit strange though, as you expect the Main dealer to follow the procedures, especially when such an important component has been replaced. Is it necessary to run an update in such cases?

That is what technical department has suggested for a start, so they have to follow their advise. Anyway, new software made no changes to the sluggishness of the car, I have been told to monitor the car performance.
I still can not see the link between the injectors timing and constant DPF temperature reading of 600C. By the looks it will be some more investigations in order to decide what to do next. I am really reluctant to pay more than £1K for the new dpf, and there is no guarantee that it will resolve the problem.
What else could it be?
Old Apr 1st, 2015, 17:19   #66
Choffit

Default I'm now in the club....

My car gas started to have this 'delayed response' fault. It's covered 82.5k on a Dec 2009 registered car.

I will ask for a contribution

Previously XC60 SE AWD 205 BHP Geartronic registered 31/12/2009
Choffit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Choffit For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 9th, 2016, 21:43   #67
Geoff Russ

Default Geoff Russ

Same problem local garage diagnosed fault code 42D00H / 273664 undocumented code so visit to main dealers Monday. Another diagnosis ( at 3 times the price of local garage ) should explain which sensor is the problem one 😣 ! So annoyed
Geoff Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2016, 02:50   #68
RKUrquhart

Default My15 d5 awd

Just had exactly this problem: car working fine then absolutely gutless. Mine is accompanied by the ESC light flashing amber intermittently (sometimes on, sometimes on/off flash, sometimes not illuminated at all). No other warning or messages in the message centre.

Phoned local Volvo dealer who said, if it's amber it's ok to drive... we can book a service slot for you in a couple of weeks' time... would you like to wait when you bring it in?. I thanked them for their concern and pointed out that a 'randomly gutless' car on a dual carriageway at 60mph with a white van behind was not 'safe to drive at all'...and as far as I was concerned I would not be driving it anywhere: at 8k miles and 9 months old it was their problem. Thankfully the Service Manager intervened and the car is being collected on Monday.

I'll post an update when the issue is resolved.
RKUrquhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 22:51   #69
Choffit

Default Not again!!!,

My XC60 has now covered 122,000 miles and it has started limping again. Looks like I'll be back at the dealership again soon! Just under 2 years since I last posted in this thread.

Previously XC60 SE AWD 205 BHP Geartronic registered 31/12/2009
Choffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2017, 23:04   #70
GJB
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKUrquhart View Post
Just had exactly this problem: car working fine then absolutely gutless. Mine is accompanied by the ESC light flashing amber intermittently (sometimes on, sometimes on/off flash, sometimes not illuminated at all). No other warning or messages in the message centre.

Phoned local Volvo dealer who said, if it's amber it's ok to drive... we can book a service slot for you in a couple of weeks' time... would you like to wait when you bring it in?. I thanked them for their concern and pointed out that a 'randomly gutless' car on a dual carriageway at 60mph with a white van behind was not 'safe to drive at all'...and as far as I was concerned I would not be driving it anywhere: at 8k miles and 9 months old it was their problem. Thankfully the Service Manager intervened and the car is being collected on Monday.

I'll post an update when the issue is resolved.
Did it get fixed if so what was wrong?
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GJB For This Useful Post: