Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Chas x posts from RT Mechanics thread

Views : 23196

Replies : 185

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 14th, 2011, 22:56   #161
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
Well everybody was getting "hitched" on there, seems that we aren't immune to it either....
your point is that we should brush it under the carpet i dont think so
The Following User Says Thank You to outnumbered For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 23:11   #162
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
your point is that we should brush it under the carpet i dont think so
Would you be so good as to elaborate how/where, i said "that we should brush it under the carpet..."?

Nope? Didn't think so.

"Older but no wiser"? Your words, not mine...
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 23:14   #163
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmain1967 View Post
Would you be so good as to elaborate how/where, i said "that we should brush it under the carpet..."?

Nope? Didn't think so.

"Older but no wiser"? Your words, not mine...
nice try does not cut with me, i have a question for you are you condoning what brucie has done, and please spare me the i have not a clue syndrome.
mike
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 23:24   #164
gmain1967
Premier Member

Quote:
nice try does not cut with me, i have a question for you are you condoning what brucie has done, and please spare me the i have not a clue syndrome.
mike
What do you mean "nice try"? Either show me where I have said that, or retract it and stop posting false statements. I have not condoned it, nor indeed do I intend to condone it. From what I have read (try that, it's quite informative), I understand that any wrong doings are being remedied through the correct channels, as posted by Hitcher himself. And where have I indicated that I don't know what it's about? My "Eastenders" reply was in response to the post by chris, nothing else.
gmain1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 23:36   #165
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
important no bully i dont think so. looking on here and vpcuk there are people who are trying to pass on valuable information. that said you are i believe still under the official secrets act and as such should not disclose any issues that may bring the RAF into disripute.all that the HITCHER as far as i am concerned was doing was to inform vpcuk BRUCIE.had contravined DPA and was making the members aware of that.
mike
Then why are they using people's full names? you keep passing over that issue.

What RAF issues are you referring to specifically, which posts?

Which paragraph and section of the OSA?

How do you know if I am or am not covered by this, have you been cyber stalking me and my background?

Have you obtained information about me illegally or improperly?

are you attempting to use any information about me in an attempt to harass or intimidate me?

Is that you holding a live weapon in your Avatar? if so... you're not aware of the army guidelines on acceptable internet photographs then?

I'll give you one thing - 'older but no wiser' at least you say what you think, and evidently tell the truth!

Now please go back to behaving in a way worthy of your proud service to this country over your 22

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Last edited by t5_monkey; Feb 14th, 2011 at 23:48.
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 23:43   #166
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

I think if anyone is seeking to be "devious" with regard to their identity, then an "outing" is only to be expected...but I'm a little disturbed by just how much of it is going on in this thread, without real purpose.

Having said all of that, didn't Bruce start it (albeit inaccurately!)...?

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2011, 23:49   #167
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
I think if anyone is seeking to be "devious" with regard to their identity, then an "outing" is only to be expected...but I'm a little disturbed by just how much of it is going on in this thread, without real purpose.

cheers

James
If we didn't enjoy them just a little we wouldn't read or reply though would we ?

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 00:07   #168
-chris-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hitcher View Post
Im not sure what Eastenders is but i am informed that it is a soap opera dealing with fictitous incidents and situations.
To confuse and to parady what BruceT has done is very disrepectful to those who he has offended.

To mock as you have the importance of the context of the situation is IMO, very poor.

However this is a free to comment forum so im sure your comments will be taken on board.
Any parody is not in relation to Bruce, but the long drawn out drama that this has turned into... By the sound of it he's been a fool and is going to pay the price. If that is what you are crusading for the i think you can stop now..

I can't be any more diplomatic...
-chris- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to -chris- For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 00:21   #169
strbryan
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
Then why are they using people's full names? you keep passing over that issue.

What RAF issues are you referring to specifically, which posts?

Which paragraph and section of the OSA?

How do you know if I am or am not covered by this, have you been cyber stalking me and my background?

Have you obtained information about me illegally or improperly?

are you attempting to use any information about me in an attempt to harass or intimidate me?

Is that you holding a live weapon in your Avatar? if so... you're not aware of the army guidelines on acceptable internet photographs then?

I'll give you one thing - 'older but no wiser' at least you say what you think, and evidently tell the truth!

Now please go back to behaving in a way worthy of your proud service to this country over your 22
RAF Intelligence my ass. Can you not tell the difference between between an American uniform/ assault rifle as compared to a British uniform/assault rifle??Dumb ass chimp.

It would also seem you not aware of the "army guidelines on acceptable internet photographs".To take the **** out of a member of HM force who served his country for 22 years seems a bit low in my opinion and seeing how you only managed 2 years before leaving...Sorry why was it you only managed 2 years???
strbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15th, 2011, 10:12   #170
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post

cheers

James
you are quite correct and i for one are guilty of that not intentionally off course.i would like to thank the moderation team for not closing the thread off. at times it must have been a difficult call and appoligise for my posts if they seem a bit off handed. i do not contribute to a thread unless i feel comfortable with what i have written that also goes for the maintance sections so on that note i will no longer post any more comments on this thread bar 1.
may i call you SPROG T5 MONKEY,
for those that are not famillar with the word SPROG its a word used for young recruits/ officers that have just joined and are still wet behind the ears
i was not referring to any of your posts about the RAF just pointing out that as you where a member you are subject to OSA.as brucie is to his employer.
there is no paragraph in OSA you sign it when you join/ discharged, FACT. in answer to your other points i will list them in order i have answered 3 of your statements.
4 NO
5 NO.
6 ref the avitar in the old days we would not have been behind a wall up and at em.
7 yes i do say what i think but we are all different are we not.
8 yes i will go back to behaving in a way thats appropriate, and will continue to enjoy my retirement, pulling the shed and relaxing, but one thing assured i can hold my head up high with the knowledge that i did achieve something and contributed in the safety of Britain/ UK.
and on a final note may be we need to follow in there footsteps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gawJBOI83kM.
mike

Last edited by outnumbered; Feb 15th, 2011 at 12:49.
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bruce is bricking it, bruce mcfooknuggett, bye bye brucie, chas is a mann, cv writing tips, epic fail, lv= say goodbye to bruce, peado mcfecknuggett, pedro fandango, vpchav posterboy