Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

744 Turbo for sale

Views : 4711

Replies : 42

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 10th, 2014, 19:42   #11
Cromlech

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5frankie View Post
It's just done 150,000 miles, it's an extremely rare car being the saloon
Absolutely, please don't get me wrong. Maybe just a little higher, and on some aurigas or something would be a real corker for my tastes.

I am a massive fan of 744s, and wish I had one. If I saw one for sale back in June (before my 944 purchase) and for minus the price of wheels/spacers, I would have snapped it up. :-)

edit - even if it were sitting on rusty old steel wheels lol
Cromlech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 20:02   #12
Dirty Rooster
Premier Member

Why all the digs?
Those wheels look beautiful, definitely a nice car ...
(Wrong shape for me though.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Rooster For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2014, 20:10   #13
Orca2
I've Been Banned

I think the wheels look great ,they lift it out of the ordinary.
Orca2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11th, 2014, 09:39   #14
peter740

I think that looks brilliant. Good luck with the sale.
peter740 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to peter740 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 12:24   #15
lixah
Master Member

Would you consider selling on original wheels for a new price?

I appreciate these are rare cars and all, but personally if money was not an issue I would still choose stock alloys. But with the cost of those alloys it really is a deal breaker for myself.

Apart from that I absolutely love it, I've wanted a 740 saloon turbo ever since i sold my 760. But i really think most people prefer the versatility of estates, that's why they're a lot more common (and generally valued higher than saloons)

Cheers, Matt
lixah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 18:58   #16
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixah View Post
Would you consider selling on original wheels for a new price?

I appreciate these are rare cars and all, but personally if money was not an issue I would still choose stock alloys. But with the cost of those alloys it really is a deal breaker for myself.

Apart from that I absolutely love it, I've wanted a 740 saloon turbo ever since i sold my 760. But i really think most people prefer the versatility of estates, that's why they're a lot more common (and generally valued higher than saloons)

Cheers, Matt
they may have been valued higher in the past due to the more versatile nature of the estate, but value one now, what are you going to compare it with? what is the value of a nice 744 turbo? and why? i havn't seen another for sale in the whole time i've had this car, there is only one reason i would sell this car and that is a Jaguar S type R so obviously this still needs to paid for how would i pay for that if i gave you a massive discount? what would i do with the wheels lol? in any case i sold the standard wheels long before i had even bought the ones that are on it now it was on bricks for a while lol. thanks for the interest but i've spent alot of time and money on this car and i wouldn't sell it for peanuts with or without the new alloys.

out of interest what would you say it was worth with standard alloys?

visit my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/t5frankie?feature=mhee
t5frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 19:20   #17
lixah
Master Member

Quote:
they may have been valued higher in the past due to the more versatile nature of the estate, but value one now, what are you going to compare it with? what is the value of a nice 744 turbo? and why? i havn't seen another for sale in the whole time i've had this car, there is only one reason i would sell this car and that is a Jaguar S type R so obviously this still needs to paid for how would i pay for that if i gave you a massive discount? what would i do with the wheels lol? in any case i sold the standard wheels long before i had even bought the ones that are on it now it was on bricks for a while lol. thanks for the interest but i've spent alot of time and money on this car and i wouldn't sell it for peanuts with or without the new alloys.

out of interest what would you say it was worth with standard alloys?
That's fine, like I said personally I wouldn't buy because, what would i do with the alloys, I wouldn't buy alloys at that price, and i appreciate you need to get the value of the car + alloys when you sell it. but i'm not going to pay over the odds for alloys that I don't want in the first place.

With standard alloys I would estimate around £1000, (at least that what i'd pay if it were in really nice condition)

With that though, you may get more, its all about finding the right buyer.

just my personal opinion though.

Regards, Matt
The Following User Says Thank You to lixah For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 19:44   #18
t5frankie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lixah View Post
That's fine, like I said personally I wouldn't buy because, what would i do with the alloys, I wouldn't buy alloys at that price, and i appreciate you need to get the value of the car + alloys when you sell it. but i'm not going to pay over the odds for alloys that I don't want in the first place.

With standard alloys I would estimate around £1000, (at least that what i'd pay if it were in really nice condition)

With that though, you may get more, its all about finding the right buyer.

just my personal opinion though.

Regards, Matt
yeah for me its the whole car as it is or ill keep it, which i dont mind cos i love the looks of it, it gets so much attention everywhere it goes, just means ill have to save for longer

visit my youtube channel
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 19:56   #19
lixah
Master Member

Quote:
yeah for me its the whole car as it is or ill keep it, which i dont mind cos i love the looks of it, it gets so much attention everywhere it goes, just means ill have to save for longer
i understand. these cars are getting rarer and rarer. I don't think it'll be long before nice 740s achieve the same level of classic just like the 240 seems to have. Even more so desirable with leather, manual, and a turbo!

I still miss my old 850 t5 that I sold. But sometimes its not viable, i didn't want it just wasting away never being driven. But i would definitely have kept that car if i could have afforded it.

Cheers, Matt
Old Oct 12th, 2014, 20:33   #20
t5frankie
Master Member

my daily

visit my youtube channel