Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

'Driver Door Open' permanent warning

Views : 23739

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 7th, 2009, 03:32   #11
nask0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24AB2 View Post
first : don't know what 54 S60 means
but I quess its either may 2004 or 2005 april

part nrs. for 2002 and 2004 are the same
only when you have "deadlock" locks the numbers are different
Thanks for the images> The car is a 54 reg. uplifted model, I guess this is the '05 model but manufactured in late '04. I've checked with a few volvo dealers and they all recommend part number 30699749, which is not shown in the pictures. One of the parts however is very close-30699748. I was wondering if you can look this one up for me, because I am not sure if my car has the 'deadlock'. Thanx
nask0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 11:51   #12
24AB2

appearantly your car has "deadlock "
to be honest : I didn't even know what "deadlock " was
it seems to be an option which means the car can't be opened from
the inside after it is locked with the remote

rather strange option
sure ,you can lock the kids or dogs or whatever in the car
but I think that wouldn't be a wise thing to do LOL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg deadlock 2005 (Medium).jpg (71.6 KB, 6 views)
24AB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2009, 12:54   #13
FaKaWi
Master Member

Quote:
appearantly your car has "deadlock "
to be honest : I didn't even know what "deadlock " was
it seems to be an option which means the car can't be opened from
the inside after it is locked with the remote

rather strange option
sure ,you can lock the kids or dogs or whatever in the car
but I think that wouldn't be a wise thing to do LOL

It's there so that you can lock the car with a window open (for example if you're leaving a dog inside for a minute or two, same reason that you can deactivate the ultrasonic sensors for the alarm). Prevents anyone reaching in from outside the car to open the door with the internal handle.
FaKaWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 09:54   #14
nask0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaKaWi View Post
It's there so that you can lock the car with a window open (for example if you're leaving a dog inside for a minute or two, same reason that you can deactivate the ultrasonic sensors for the alarm). Prevents anyone reaching in from outside the car to open the door with the internal handle.
Well,
I just tried. I locked the door with the window open, then reached inside and pulled the handle, door popped open right away. I did it with the driver door, the one with the bad switch. Now you have me wondering if I have a deadlock or not, according to the part number that all dealers recommend I have it, but according to the previous comment I don't, because the door still opens from inside when locked. Does it have to be a door other than the drivers? Or is it because I am getting the warning so the locking system does not work properly? Or do I have to lock the car in special way using the remote(for example for some cars you need to press the lock button twice to activate this feature)?
Old Aug 9th, 2009, 14:04   #15
24AB2

activated after approx. 25 sec
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 25 sec (Medium).jpg (64.7 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by 24AB2; Aug 9th, 2009 at 14:15.
24AB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2009, 09:50   #16
nask0

Quote:
activated after approx. 25 sec
I guess the car still thinks that the door is open and does not activate the deadlock. I waited a minute and still nothing. But I think, I remember, when the microswitch was working properly, there was an additional click in the locking mechanism a few seconds after I locked the car with the remote. So it might have been it. I do not hear it anymore, no mater how long I wait.
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 20:34   #17
c0mputernick

Simon,

Ive seen two of your posts on this topic, and i am having the same issue.
Sorry for opening up an old post.

Your other post you said you spliced the pink and brown cables.
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=65993

I did that as well and the car still says the passenger door is open. Although I did it close to the switch itself, not in the loom above the speaker as you suggested in this post. (before I found this post) Would they be the same wires?

Mine is a 2001 v70, but i would think they would be similar wiring.

Can you or anyone suggest anything else? I couldnt find a wiring diagram for this portion of the car. Not that i could understand it anyway, the ones i found werent really labeled that well.

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
I had the same problem with the passenger door on my V70 & traced it to the microswitch that is built into the central locking unit. It's a pig to get the unit apart & not something I would recommend. I gave up in the end & I'm normally pretty good as fixing most things.

The main dealers wanted about £140 for a new one, so in the end I tracked down a brand new one via ebay for about £30. Be wary of buying one from a scrap yard as it is likely to be just as worn as your current one. If you want a free, quick-fix solution, you can short out the microswitch by connecting two wires together in the loom above the speaker. The downside is that the courtesy light won't work & that will affect the alarm too.
c0mputernick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2014, 23:41   #18
Simon Jones
Premier Member

Hi there, it was quite a while back now and the colour codes could be different. This website should be able to confirm which two wires to short out.

http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/?...ing%20Diagrams

Just a thought: is yours a left hand drive, in which case your passenger side door would be the opposite to the UK, so perhaps the colours would be different.
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 16:01   #19
EBKAPPEL

Default False open door-warning

Have same problem with left hand drive, says passenger door is open. Causes, among other problems, that central locking system is sometimes not functional; and that lights are on inside car. Sometimes works to open and close the passenger door. WHERE IS THAT B***** SENSOR...?? Thx..
EBKAPPEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2014, 22:07   #20
Simon Jones
Premier Member

The microswitch is built into the lock assembly. It's not impossible to take the unit apart but the steel case is crimped over the plastic part that contains the switch so you need to be fairly brutal to get into it. My advice is to buy a replacement from a scrap vehicle.

This is the passenger side from RHD so you'd need the LHD equivalent: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-v70-...item4ae022c5b4

Last edited by Simon Jones; Nov 17th, 2014 at 22:11.
Simon Jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, message, open, sensor, warning