Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo S60 Passenger Seat Rattle?

Views : 1199

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 16th, 2019, 12:15   #1
Pointer7

Default Volvo S60 Passenger Seat Rattle?

Hey All,

I have had an intermittent knocking noise coming from what I though was the NSR area underneath the car (or boot area somewhere)

around a month ago the missus drove and I sat in the passenger seat, I raised it up a bit and the next time I drove it, the knocking had gone? it has started again in the last few days without me touching the seat...

Any ideas on what else I could try? I've tried all positions with the seat but no joy
Pointer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2019, 14:18   #2
GMcL
0's and 1's

I had various rattles and creaks from my S60. I had tape on the seat levers, door cards off and cables re-seated, B pillar trim off and foam strips added to stop plastic on metal etc... etc... etc...

On one trip my daughter was in the passenger seat and noticed the sound was coming from the plastic cover behind the rear view mirror. The access panel works loose over time. A touch with my finger tip is enough to make the rattle go away for a while.

Previous: 2005 Volvo S60 D5 Sport - 2017 Focus RS
GMcL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GMcL For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 21st, 2019, 13:10   #3
Pointer7

Default Seat Rattle

I checked behind the mirror but all good. It's definitely a more solid sounding knock... There must be a sweet spot in the seating position! Maybe I'll check the boot etc. Later incase it's something that end,
Old Aug 22nd, 2019, 18:43   #4
Spike56
Master Member

Do you have the storage box in the backrest? I leave my rear dash cam in there and when I forget, it reminds me by knocking!
Spike56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23rd, 2019, 00:11   #5
Lonsdale

Check your n/s seat belt clasp is sitting flush with the door pillar
Lonsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2023, 15:49   #6
leaveittoderek

I also have the same issue as you on my S60, did you ever find it?
leaveittoderek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2023, 08:34   #7
Pointer7

No still knocking, I've tried everything. Took the boot floor out, folded the seats down, made sure the passenger belt wasn't hitting on the door but no luck.

It also had new shocks, and drop links but again no difference. I also noticed that when I sit in the passenger seat and the other half is driving, I can't hear it but she can... what the hell is going on lol
Old Feb 22nd, 2024, 22:13   #8
SmartMAC

I have what it appears to be the same problem on my V60. I have tried everything and I can't find the rattle.
It comes from the rear and sounds like a loose stone moving inside a small plastic box. It is not the rear belts, or the boot cover, nothing on the doors rattle and I have looked under the front seats and the rear latches and it is all solid. Used silicone grease on the belt mechanism.
Like I said, it is driving me crazy......
Old Feb 25th, 2024, 13:21   #9
V60white

Same on my V60, tried everything to locate it but sometimes it's quiet then a pothole later it starts again !!

All the suspension is tight, the interior panels seem to clipped OK, it's not the seat belts and it's driving me CRAZY too !!!
V60white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2024, 22:17   #10
GrahamHR

The annoying rattle on my 2016 V60 Polestar was the passenger side seatbelt clip vibrating against the B pillar trim. When there is no passenger, I just clip the seatbelt into place.
GrahamHR is offline   Reply With Quote