Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo extended warranty - a few questions

Views : 1698

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2020, 12:01   #11
priceyboy

I had the same through the post, mine is due 12/03/20, but mine is £495 (10x £49.50)
How did you get £395?

S90 Inscription, 66 plate with 30K miles
priceyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 10:14   #12
FullFat

My V90 was in for it's service today and when I picked it up they told me it needed a Powerpulse pipe replacing under warranty. Mine runs out in June and when I asked about extending it they said I couldn't yet it has to be nearer to the date but when it could be done they couldn't do it and I'd have to ring Volvo direct. In lots of these threads I've seen plenty of people saying go to the dealer as they can offer 2 years cheaper!
FullFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 10:47   #13
Boatie
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFat View Post
My V90 was in for it's service today and when I picked it up they told me it needed a Powerpulse pipe replacing under warranty. Mine runs out in June and when I asked about extending it they said I couldn't yet it has to be nearer to the date but when it could be done they couldn't do it and I'd have to ring Volvo direct. In lots of these threads I've seen plenty of people saying go to the dealer as they can offer 2 years cheaper!
A word of caution around both extended warranty and service contracts. When I bought my V90 3 years ago next month I purchased both an extended warranty and a 5 year service package. The service package was Volvo (administered by Allianz) and the warranty Marshalls Motor Group (administered by CareCare). I am now selling the car just within 3 years (3 services done) and have been told that I lose the last 2 services. Carecare initially told me that I lose the whole period covered by the warranty as I didn't cancel within 14 days of the purchase. Obviously I am challenging this on the grounds that the insurance had not yet started. Even if I do eventually get my warranty money back (or part of it) the fact remains that CarCare, who I understand also administer the Volvo extended warranty, were quite prepared to fob me off.
Boatie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 11:06   #14
tem
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullFat View Post
Only certain dealers will do the 2 year extended warranty.
My dealer could not do it and eventually I got another in Scotland to arrange it.
For my V90, it was £745 for the 2 year extended warranty.
From memory, I think that is around 8 weeks, before your current 3 year warranty expires, before you can extend it.

tem.
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 11:59   #15
priceyboy

Just spoke with Taggarts in Glasgow who will do the £395(60K)/£745(100K) option.
Will be going for the two years at £745 I think...
priceyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 12:34   #16
FullFat

Quote:
Originally Posted by tem View Post
Only certain dealers will do the 2 year extended warranty.
My dealer could not do it and eventually I got another in Scotland to arrange it.
For my V90, it was £745 for the 2 year extended warranty.
From memory, I think that is around 8 weeks, before your current 3 year warranty expires, before you can extend it.

tem.
They told me they couldn't arrange an extension to the warranty at all whether for 12 or 24 months I was just surprised that a main dealer couldn't do it.
FullFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 19:17   #17
cassell
Member since 1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlanders View Post
How do you find Holdcroft in Stoke for servicing? I am awaiting delivery of my first Volvo from them and I have been impressed with the sales side (though it would be slightly worrying if this part was not good!) but no experience yet of after sales and servicing. Thanks.
They are excellent, very good customer care with nothing being too much trouble. The senior service adviser is long-term Volvo for many years having been with both Speeds Volvo and latterly Stratstone before Holdcroft took over the franchise in 2014.

The service manager and one of the master technicians are also members of our Cheshire section of the Volvo Owners Club and provide us with great hospitality, assistance and knowledge at our monthly meetings and at the periodic dealer open evenings that they arrange for us.

You won't be disappointed!
cassell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cassell For This Useful Post: