Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2008 '58' V50 2.0d for sale (facelift mode)

Views : 729

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2021, 13:19   #1
V50 Craig

Default 2008 '58' V50 2.0d for sale (facelift mode)

-2008 58 plate V50 2.0d (facelift). Is a good reliable car but as my job is now a 10 minute drive from the house I don't really need a motorway cruiser so am downsizing/changing direction.

-Currently has approx 143k miles (mostly motorway as I had a 100+ mile round trip commute every day in my last job probably of which 90-95 miles of that was on the M4).

-MOT until end of November 2021 I believe (had an advisory for 2 rear tires which were replaced last week.

-SPEC: e/w, e/m, heated leather seats (no rips or holes), cruise control, auto wipers, auto climate, dual zone climate control, a/c needs a regas, well specc'd car.

-Was serviced every other month and i'm not a boy racer so has been well looked after.

-remapped to around 160bhp so nothing crazy but does offer up more torque and better mpg which is what I wanted for the motorways.....speaking of which i'm averaging high 50s mpg.

Good parts:

- I've had it over 2 years and it's had a tonne of parts: cambelt and waterpump last year, brakes all round, glow plugs, driveshafts, shocks, wheel bearings, driveshaft input bearing in the gearbox, clutch (same time gearbox was being done), new battery last year, srs airbag module was flashed after the usual warning on the dash after jumpstarting my neighbours too much) and probably much more that i've forgotten.

- body overall is in very good condition, no dents, scrapes, rusty arches etc apart from the usual motorway battle chips on the front.

- tires treads all good, rears are a week or 2 old

- proper pirelli tire on the space saver in the boot

- overall very reliable, long mot and good on fuel.

Bad parts: it is going on 13 years old so it won't be a perfect car.

- It was a motorway car so has stonechips on the front but not really that noticeable unless up close.

- stonechip on the windscreen (but passes the MOT as it's not visible from the drivers seat as it's obscured by the interior mirror)

- turbo is whistling. Car boosts fine and pulls fine with no smoke. Bit unsure whether it is the turbo or a leak somewhere. I personally think it's the turbo but has been like it for over a year and hasn't gotten worse, and people on here keep directing me towards a leak somewhere. (I can try post up a video or whatsapp you a video so you can hear it for yourselves if you like)

- slight laquer fade on the front grill

I'm looking for around £1500 but very open to offers. I'll attach pics in the posts below. Car is located in Swansea, South Wales.

Thanks, Craig

Last edited by V50 Craig; Jan 21st, 2021 at 15:08.
V50 Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 13:29   #2
V50 Craig

Pics attatched
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181210_053747.jpg (205.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 20200919_160239_copy_1008x756.jpg (231.7 KB, 56 views)
Old Jan 21st, 2021, 15:05   #3
V50 Craig

Engine bay pic attatched
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190613_191410-1280x960.jpg (279.5 KB, 33 views)