Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Driver's heated seat not working

Views : 843

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 17:13   #1
Chilliflavour

Default Driver's heated seat not working

Hi all,

I'm new here and this is my first post. Have spent the last couple of hours searching and reading and have learnt lots but just want to double check my findings before proceeding. (Great forum btw, have learnt loads about my car along the way!)

I've recently acquired a 2008 C30 R-Design with heated seats and now the cold weather is here I've discovered the driver's side heated seat is not working. Passenger side is fine. The lights on the switch are coming on but the seat stays cold. I checked the fuse box today and found the fuse for the driver's side seat was missing. Put the passenger side fuse in but still not working. I'm guessing the previous owner removed the fuse for a reason, potentially because the module under the seat may have failed? I found this link which says a faulty module can cause issues with ACC interior temperature regulation. If true that would make sense as to why the fuse has been remove but would there be any other reasons as to why the fuse was removed?

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-part...-seat/1040980/

From my reading on here the next step would be to test using the module from the passenger seat? That being the case are they easy to remove? is it just a case of undoing the retaining bolt and unplugging the connectors?

Thanks in advance, any advice appreciated.

Last edited by Chilliflavour; Dec 2nd, 2020 at 17:23.
Chilliflavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 17:47   #2
rxtian

Hi and welcome

A good investment would probably be a VIDA setup, its the proper volvo diagnostics and has guided steps to fix/diagnose pretty much anything. It would be able to identify if the module is present, connected and whether the seat element itself is intact.

Do the driver and passenger seats match well? The R-Design seats can age badly and its possible someone swapped a worn drivers seat for a replacement without heating fitted (I believe it was on optional extra on R-Designs).
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2nd, 2020, 18:18   #3
Chilliflavour

Hi and thanks for the reply.

The driver's seat looks a lot older than the passenger (passenger is VGC) but the car has only done 54k miles and the driver's seat condition seems about right for the age/miles.

I'll look into a VIDA setup as that does sound like a good bit of kit to have but I guess I could still try swapping the module in the meantime? I've checked under the driver's seat and it does have the same module as the passenger side with all the same connectors plugged in.
Chilliflavour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3rd, 2020, 09:46   #4
rxtian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilliflavour View Post
Hi and thanks for the reply.

The driver's seat looks a lot older than the passenger (passenger is VGC) but the car has only done 54k miles and the driver's seat condition seems about right for the age/miles.

I'll look into a VIDA setup as that does sound like a good bit of kit to have but I guess I could still try swapping the module in the meantime? I've checked under the driver's seat and it does have the same module as the passenger side with all the same connectors plugged in.
Yeah may be worth switching the modules. Alternatively if you're comfortable with a multimeter you can compare the readings between your seats to see if you can find a problem with the heating pads / temperature sensors.
rxtian is offline   Reply With Quote