Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Starting issue still.

Views : 9279

Replies : 200

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 29th, 2020, 11:54   #161
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Hi Dave, bad wisdom tooth, exact same issue at the exact same time last year, Christmas eve, it also lasted about 6 months, this time I've been rinsing with salt water and its eased up a bit, thanks for asking. Hope you had a better time...

It could well have been a fluke but like you, I'm leani g towards the high dosage of injector cleaner, I will pop Halford and get some more this week, that's if they're open at present :/
Ouch! I get that from time to time, was going to have them out 30+ years ago but the dentist threw a sickie that day! Since then i've developed a seriously bad phobia about dentists so won't go near the places these days. Fortunately the pain relief i take for other things kills 99% of the tooth pain but when it doesn't Bonjela and/or Clove Oil works well.

Don't get any of either on your tongue though or "you'll-th ne th-talking th-like th-this"!

Fairly sure Hellfrauds are open, they sell things like oil and other service parts so are key-workers as other key-workers need oil, bulbs and such like for their cars to get to work.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 02:08   #162
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Ouch! I get that from time to time, was going to have them out 30+ years ago but the dentist threw a sickie that day! Since then i've developed a seriously bad phobia about dentists so won't go near the places these days. Fortunately the pain relief i take for other things kills 99% of the tooth pain but when it doesn't Bonjela and/or Clove Oil works well.

Don't get any of either on your tongue though or "you'll-th ne th-talking th-like th-this"!

Fairly sure Hellfrauds are open, they sell things like oil and other service parts so are key-workers as other key-workers need oil, bulbs and such like for their cars to get to work.
Ha, same here, in that i hate dentists, I too use my own script meds long with cheapo store bought, this is what works for me, Nurofen plus (OTC drug), so, cause i already have stronger Co-codamol so i just buy a cheap box of 96 ibuprofen from the tesco pharmacy, but any do the job as its mainly the co-codamol, so i take 2 Ibu's and 1 x 30mg co-co's, if it gets real bad then i will hit one Tramadol and 2 ibu's. Also lots of Cool mint Bonjela

I will however go one better than Bonjela, Orajel extra strength, has to be the extra strength version, the normal version tastes far worse for less. Where Bonjela tingles and eases pain, Orajel extra strength numbs the pain and can only be bought OTC and its a smaller amount but only need a pin head amount, cant fault that for immediate effect....

Good point re halfords, will call in next time im there...
The Following User Says Thank You to Bashy For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 02:18   #163
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

I don't get on with Tramadol but had some great chats with talkative pink elephants when i was given it once by a mad doctor.

I'm on something a bit stronger than that now for normal day to day stuff and hadn't heard of Orajel, might have to look for that if/when the gnashers play up next.

Instead of going all the way to Hellfrauds, what about buying the same stuff on fleabay? It's delivered to you that way.

Also Wilko and i believe Tesco are selling Redex injector Cleaner (for diesel as well as petrol) for about £2 a bottle - 1 bottle to 2 tanks for normal cleaning. It is two separate bottles though, one for diesel and a different one for petrol, what the differences are i'm not sure but at that price you can't go too far wrong buying the correct one and chucking the whole bottle into a full ish tank.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 04:47   #164
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
I don't get on with Tramadol but had some great chats with talkative pink elephants when i was given it once by a mad doctor.

I'm on something a bit stronger than that now for normal day to day stuff and hadn't heard of Orajel, might have to look for that if/when the gnashers play up next.

Instead of going all the way to Hellfrauds, what about buying the same stuff on fleabay? It's delivered to you that way.

Also Wilko and i believe Tesco are selling Redex injector Cleaner (for diesel as well as petrol) for about £2 a bottle - 1 bottle to 2 tanks for normal cleaning. It is two separate bottles though, one for diesel and a different one for petrol, what the differences are i'm not sure but at that price you can't go too far wrong buying the correct one and chucking the whole bottle into a full ish tank.

Ha ha, i hear ya about the Tramadol, I am used to it though, been on it since about the late 90's for one thing and another (kidney stones etc) but now I only take one 1st thing in the morning, then the coco's and pregabalin throughout the day, and for restless leg, cant fault 50mg Amitriptyline a couple of hours before bed

WIth regards to the redex, i had been using that a lot since summer, it was on offer at Tesco, didnt seem to do anything though, but this was all that was in stock for diesel's at Halfords in Thetford else i would have had the Wynns, i stuck the whole lot in with not much fuel in there, cant rem what i said now, was it about a 3rd? wasnt half way im sure, thats all ive used so far and ive added another 30 squid in there since, hence why i said Halfords, was sticking with what worked Plus, i can pick it up when i go shopping, although ive already done this weeks plus it mauy take longer what with RM's backlog, plus i dont have the idiots barking their heads off at movement at the door.
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 08:23   #165
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Ha ha, i hear ya about the Tramadol, I am used to it though, been on it since about the late 90's for one thing and another (kidney stones etc) but now I only take one 1st thing in the morning, then the coco's and pregabalin throughout the day, and for restless leg, cant fault 50mg Amitriptyline a couple of hours before bed

WIth regards to the redex, i had been using that a lot since summer, it was on offer at Tesco, didnt seem to do anything though, but this was all that was in stock for diesel's at Halfords in Thetford else i would have had the Wynns, i stuck the whole lot in with not much fuel in there, cant rem what i said now, was it about a 3rd? wasnt half way im sure, thats all ive used so far and ive added another 30 squid in there since, hence why i said Halfords, was sticking with what worked Plus, i can pick it up when i go shopping, although ive already done this weeks plus it mauy take longer what with RM's backlog, plus i dont have the idiots barking their heads off at movement at the door.
Pregaballin and Gabbapentin i also reacted badly to, as for Amitryptilene, we should do like they've done in the USA and de-licence it - Devils Drug!

We've started, it's no longer licenced as a painkiller in this country, only as a sleeping tablet and antidepressant (its original use) but many people (including me) suffered intense mood swings and other nasty things on it, not to mention severe depression!

If you happen to change your mind about a visit to Hellfrauds, this is fairly good value :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-x-Carlu...G/114153906633

That's 2 bottles for £8.99 so in effect you're paying 99p for delivery. My hound barks like hell then runs into the bedroom (sometimes she even waits for me to open the door to it as well! ) when someone knocks the door which makes life easier.
From my point of view, 99p is a lot cheaper than a gallon of petrol to go to Thetford and back, a lot quicker and easier and i don't have to face a potentially packed car park full of congenital halfwits that can't drive.

While looking for petrol injector cleaner i found something that prompted me to search again on the diesel injector cleaner and found this :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-CARLU...Y/221503718857

£11.99 for 3 bottles of diesel injector cleaner, that means it's delivered free and you save 1p (woo-hoo!) against buying 3 bottles from Hellfrauds.

Old Dec 30th, 2020, 08:57   #166
Bashy
Aged Member

I could be wrong but I don't see it say that either of those on ebay are concentrated like the Halfords one is? Makes me wonder if its a cheaper or older blend, hence it being on ebay, and amazon is a joke, their prices are double lol
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 09:36   #167
Dippydog
Premier Member

Most[if not all]motor factors are open although I believe many don't allow customers "in store" they have a member of staff at the door who goes and fetches what you require, offer a click and collect service or phone them prior to setting off and order whatever you want and it's waiting by the time you get there.Some-such as ECP-also do a delivery service.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 30th, 2020, 09:46   #168
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
I could be wrong but I don't see it say that either of those on ebay are concentrated like the Halfords one is? Makes me wonder if its a cheaper or older blend, hence it being on ebay, and amazon is a joke, their prices are double lol
That's a very good point and one i'd missed to be honest. Took a while to spot it even after you pointed it out, not quite awake yet!

Old Dec 31st, 2020, 02:17   #169
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
That's a very good point and one i'd missed to be honest. Took a while to spot it even after you pointed it out, not quite awake yet!
ha ha, no worries, its not much out of my way to go to halfords anyway, tis only few mins added to my shopping trip and i go early, quite often the only one in there, never seen the car park full thats for sure but then ive only used it a handful of times lol
Old Dec 31st, 2020, 11:55   #170
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

If you go early then there's a good chance it hasn't filled up. I'm usually later in the day and you get all the "mumsnet" parkers that leave about 2" gap between their drivers door and yours because they don't know how to park properly.