Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 LPG Damage?

Views : 14564

Replies : 32

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 21:26   #21
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Those prices are at the dearer and of conversion prices TBH.

Zavoli is ok, the electronics are AEB the same as many other LPG systems out there, The vapouriser is OK but not very good for high power engines especialy something like the T6, with the injectors they use two types. The Matrix ones are very good but from my understanding now they do not use them much any more and offer there own PAN injectors. The old pan injectors were very slow responding but reliable, the newer version of them are supposed to be faster but I've not seen any of them yet to comment.

For 6 cylinder Volvo's we are charging £1275 + valve saver £50

The systems you will want to be looking for are

Prins (not lima) OMVL, BRC and KME Landi would also probably do

There is not a great choice of installers in your area realy. having looked at drive LPG
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 22:07   #22
hancym
Master Member

is the £1275 + valve saver £50 plus VAT or including?
hancym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 23:46   #23
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Prices are inclusive.

So a 6 cylinder with valve saver comes to £1325 total
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 23:52   #24
hancym
Master Member

That is a VERY good price. It's a pity you a mile away from me. Any thoughts on how I can "persuade" the locals to adopt the same pricing policy?

I've just run it thorugh a spreadsheet I created to do the costing calculations. That would me I break even at 1.8 years running rather than 2.6 years

Last edited by hancym; Feb 16th, 2011 at 23:57.
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 12:03   #25
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Shame they are so highly priced. 2.6 years years is to long a break even time to realy consider a conversion.
Old Feb 18th, 2011, 22:58   #26
hancym
Master Member

I don't suppose there's any way around this dilemma. As you say it’s a shame they are charging so much and you can afford to do it for considerably less and still make a living. I can't even argue with them that you are providing competition and therefore they should reduce their prices as you are so far away.

I don't suppose anyone can recommend someone in the Norwich area that is of a comparable standard and price?
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 14:01   #27
hancym
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Prices are inclusive.

So a 6 cylinder with valve saver comes to £1325 total
By the way what system would you fit to MY XC90 T6? What feedback have you had from customers relating to the T6 conversions you have done?
Old Feb 19th, 2011, 23:13   #28
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I would use the following

AEB electronics with OMVL high power reducer and OMVL injectors

or

KME electronics with KME high power reducer and Majic injectors

Or if there was need a combination of both

So far I've not had any problems with any of the conversions I have done on the T6 but I've had to sort a few out that have been poorly installed and sometime fitted with cheap equipment.
Fueling does need to be spot on to make sure that there is no lean burning.
The Following User Says Thank You to classicswede For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 14:43   #29
Jim314
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
Those prices are at the dearer and of conversion prices TBH.

Zavoli is ok, the electronics are AEB the same as many other LPG systems out there, The vapouriser is OK but not very good for high power engines especialy something like the T6, with the injectors they use two types. The Matrix ones are very good but from my understanding now they do not use them much any more and offer there own PAN injectors. The old pan injectors were very slow responding but reliable, the newer version of them are supposed to be faster but I've not seen any of them yet to comment.

For 6 cylinder Volvo's we are charging £1275 + valve saver £50
Are you talking about the Volvo 3.2 L short inline six with port fuel injection? My wife's XC90 with that engine has a polymeric intake manifold. Can the polymer intake manifolds be drilled and LPG injectors installed?
Jim314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2011, 21:46   #30
rickwales

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post
Been thinking about changing my chariot (a 97 V70 2.5 10V, 180,000 up with 130,000 of that on LPG) and went to my trusted LPG fitter to ask his advice on taking the LPG from mine to another car.

His advice? - Don't bother with a Ford-era Volvo, and don't try to LPG a turbo-charged car - you'll get valve seat recession!

Cheers

Jack
Associated with our business is a very well established and expereinced LPG business, we generally get to sort out other peoples problems.
Volvos convert exceptionally well adn theres no problem with turbo engines, however the cost of swapping a kit from one high mileage car to another isnt generally viable (its almost twice the labour after all)

A reputable company will give you a straight answer as to whether its suitable for your car or not - after all they have to guarantee their work AND maintain their reputation - pick someone who has been around a while
rickwales is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rickwales For This Useful Post: