Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 lambda sensor wiring - wiring diagram or advice please?

Views : 1277

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 16th, 2019, 19:57   #1
shezza250

Default V70 lambda sensor wiring - wiring diagram or advice please?

Hi all,

Basically by being an idiot (drove down a track and grounded my vehicle) I've caught the lambda sensor cable (catalytic converter one) on a rock or something and ripped the cable out of it's connector to the wiring loom leaving no connectors on the lambda sensor wires & wiring loom. The result is a big mess of 8 wires of different colour & not knowing which to connect to which!

I'm now trying to work out which wires on the lambda sensor connect to which wires on the wiring loom (will solder and heat shrink once matched up correctly).

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a 2.4 petrol 2005 v70 (B5244S2) please? Or could you post a picture of the wires joining together from the cat lambda sensor to the loom on your car? Or does anyone have a wiring diagram for this please?

The wires are different colours on the lambda sensor to the wiring loom so not easy to work out which should go where and the connectors have been ripped off from the end of the lambda wire and the wiring loom connector.

I've looked at the other lambda sensor on the exhaust manifold and the wires on the lambda sensor are the same colour (blue, white, black & black) as the wires on the cat lambda sensor but the wires they connect into on the wiring loom are different colours for the cat sensor!!

Lambda sensor wires colours are:

Blue - I believe this to be a signal wire
White - I believe this to be the ground
Black - I believe this to be a heater wire
Black - I believe this to be a heater wire

The loom has the following wires I need to connect into:

Green - I believe to be ground? - I think should be paired with white on lambda wire?
Blue - Gives around 2.5v with engine running - Not sure what it does but think it should connect to one of the black heater wires possibly?
Green&Brown - This is thicker than the other 3 wires & gives around 14v with engine
running and believe this should attach to a heater wire (black)?
Brown - Gives around 2.3v with engine running & guess it should attach to the signal wire possibly?

Does anyone know if I'm right in my thinking of which wires connect to which? Or have any better ideas/guidance?

Thanks for your help!
Tom
shezza250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2019, 17:44   #2
VOLVOBOY
Lazy Member

Hi.
Sorry . This is the only diagram I`ve got.
Probably not a lot of use.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf A2.pdf (363.3 KB, 17 views)
VOLVOBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2019, 22:11   #3
Kattten

For my 5 cylinder non turbo s80 from 2002. This might help if cables are the same, set this up to measure the second lambda sensor. So this is a sort of adaptor between cars loom and second lambda sensor. So this is for the one after the catalytic converter. See attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D8C976A2-80DC-4ECA-A3E9-D959BEFD0B30.jpg (103.1 KB, 26 views)
Kattten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2019, 10:07   #4
barrybritcher
Flaccid Member

sounds like you've cracked it by now. The 14V will deffo be the heated part
barrybritcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 16:55   #5
shezza250

Hi guys,
Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately those diagrams & pictures don't add up with what I've got.

I've attached a picture with what I've done.

The EML still goes off after a few miles& states oxygen sensor issue which I know must be down to the wiring as I had no issues before I ripped the wire.

I've tried swapping the black wires over to see if that helps which it doesn't.

Any more ideas or photos of lambda wiring attaching to wiring harness please?

Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190131_151650_resized.jpg (152.5 KB, 25 views)
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 17:00   #6
shezza250

Having looked at your setup again Kattten, do you think I need to swap the blue & white wires over?

I'm struggling to work out exactly what's going on in your diagram.

Cheers
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 20:57   #7
Kattten

Hmm yea if we have the same kind of setup. Mine is for a S80 with 2.4l 5cylinder from 2002. Looks like mine has the blue and white the other way around . Have you tried it?
Kattten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 23:29   #8
shezza250

Hi Katten,

I swapped the blue & white wires over (on the left side of connector block in photo) and hey presto it all works fine now! Cleared the EML code and it never came back.....

Will try to post a pic of the final wiring if I have time.

Thanks all for your help.