Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What I did today thread...

Views : 324594

Replies : 3020

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2019, 18:26   #1921
davebb
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanoconnor View Post
Banged my head on my hands and burst into tears when 'Anti Skid Service Required' light came on....
Hi is the battery voltage good,
as I used to get this a lot, mainly after starting the car, the voltage from my alternator was not what it should be with any loads on, so I changed the brushes/regulator pack,
the 'Anti Skid Service Required' has not come on ever again,
Dave
davebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 20:48   #1922
alanoconnor

I had a diagnostic done and it said the 2 front sensors were kaput. Unsure whether it means rings or actual sensors. A guy that did the diagnostic said change the whole front hubs lol - will go elsewhere
alanoconnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 21:34   #1923
davebb
Premier Member

Quote:
I had a diagnostic done and it said the 2 front sensors were kaput. Unsure whether it means rings or actual sensors. A guy that did the diagnostic said change the whole front hubs lol - will go elsewhere
you can get the abs rings very cheap £5-10 each,
Simon has done a youtube vid on them,
Dave
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to davebb For This Useful Post:
Old May 25th, 2019, 22:00   #1924
alanoconnor

Cheers - I read if you take the wheels off the rings are easy enough to do. I just hope that is the case. My S60 doesn't do easy though. I love it but it's a pain in the ass.
The Following User Says Thank You to alanoconnor For This Useful Post:
Old May 25th, 2019, 22:05   #1925
alanoconnor

What else I did today...

Ordered a fuel fill cap flap thing. Razzing round the corner my wife informs me I am flapping about and it is not a good look. Hinges have gone but spring is still intact.

I grabbed the nearest drill and 2 screws but then went on eBay and found the cheapest part in the history of Volvo - £12.50 replacement. Hallelulja
Old May 25th, 2019, 22:08   #1926
alanoconnor

Oh, booked Gloria in for a BHP and Torque run on a rolling road in a place in Cornwall...if she is making stock 260 BHP I am going to be rather upset. Big day is on Tuesday.
Old May 25th, 2019, 22:39   #1927
davebb
Premier Member

Quote:
Oh, booked Gloria in for a BHP and Torque run on a rolling road in a place in Cornwall...if she is making stock 260 BHP I am going to be rather upset. Big day is on Tuesday.
BHP what have you done to the car,
Please post the dyno print out,
Dave
Old May 26th, 2019, 15:08   #1928
Georgeandkira
Premier Member

A neighbor's tuned S60 exhibited fluctuations during dyno testing. The tech said the machine was reading irregularities (dents) in his wheels.
Just thought I'd warn you.

I've been vacationing my V70 as much as I can by using an old car my sister just gave me. It's a 2000 Acura RL-a 3.5l Mercedes wannabe.

Yesterday a lady backed into it to the tune of $2,400. At least I now know when I'll be installing the V70's Bilsteins.
Georgeandkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 15:33   #1929
alanoconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebb View Post
Dave
It was in Nottingham for 8 months after I bought it:

Flux Fabrications exhaust with a 3 inch down-pipe
Bigger injectors (forget what they are)
S60R clutch
Uprated MAF
Gripper plate limited slip differential
Big intercooler - it's either Snabb or DO88 and associated pipes
Custom air intake and a big cone filter thingy
Hybrid turbo
Uprated fuel pump
Had a couple of ECU tunes by the same person
Newly refurbished 18 inch Eudora alloys on Michelin Pilot Sport 4s

Also had a lot of rectification work - new DIM, new CEM, ABS module (but put the old one back in as that wasn't the issue), timing belt and pump, new wishbones, new drop links, rear tie rod things, brake discs and pads, handbrake cable and shoes, chucked the aftermarket stereo and put in a HU650, new alarm, new horn, new top mount struts. It also had preventative maintenance done whilst the gearbox and engine were out. Seals on various things really. Speed limiter has been removed too.

It's very quick but will see what the run shows. I had asked for a usable 350 BHP but the guy that worked on it said it is probably doing more than that.

Very happy with it as it is usable on a day to day basis, quite practical, fast and I am averaging 28.5 miles per gallon. I get 32 on a long run but I do drive it quickly.
Old May 26th, 2019, 15:36   #1930
alanoconnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebb View Post
Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgeandkira View Post
A neighbor's tuned S60 exhibited fluctuations during dyno testing. The tech said the machine was reading irregularities (dents) in his wheels.
Just thought I'd warn you.

I've been vacationing my V70 as much as I can by using an old car my sister just gave me. It's a 2000 Acura RL-a 3.5l Mercedes wannabe.

Yesterday a lady backed into it to the tune of $2,400. At least I now know when I'll be installing the V70's Bilsteins.
Thanks - wheels should be ok - only been on for a few days and tyres are new. I saw Bilstein have a sale on for the B12 Pro pack that fits my S60. I am seeing a guy Tuesday who I am hoping to persuade to fit them for me.