Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 MY20 T8 Delivery Time

Views : 8267

Replies : 44

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 24th, 2019, 17:25   #11
Trigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskyten View Post
I suppose the million dollar question is how accurate is the delivery forecast? And if it’s likely to change, is going to improve or slide?
Thanks everyone. This is my concern, January will come and go with no new Volvo on my drive!
Trigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2019, 18:41   #12
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigd View Post
Thanks everyone. This is my concern, January will come and go with no new Volvo on my drive!

Just feel the pain my friend...
Old May 24th, 2019, 21:59   #13
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
The lead time on XC60 T8 has no link to Brexit.....
Hi - out of interest, what’s the lead time on XC90 T8 at the moment? I got mine in a whisker under 3 months (unlikely to be repeated!) and with 18 months left on my lease I could be needing to order again in 6-9 months!

I know xc90 still comes from Sweden, for now at least...

Thanks D76
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2019, 10:54   #14
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
Hi - out of interest, what’s the lead time on XC90 T8 at the moment? I got mine in a whisker under 3 months (unlikely to be repeated!) and with 18 months left on my lease I could be needing to order again in 6-9 months!

I know xc90 still comes from Sweden, for now at least...

Thanks D76
Around October /November time at present

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post:
Old May 26th, 2019, 02:04   #15
Philip P

Default 27 Feb 19 -----11 Jan 2020

I ordered a XC60 T8 Innscription Pro from Marshalls Grantham 27th Feb '19. Initially was told third quarter of 2019 for delivery. An update came by a phone call from the dealer, who advised that I was now scheduled for delivery 11 Jan 2020. Eleven months!!! I was asked if I wished to canx my order given this news, I have chosen to persist.
Philip P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 13:53   #16
West9

Strange... I might of been lucky but my MY20 T8 R Design went through in April and was given a delivery date of Mid August to the dealer?

I won't physically have it in my possession because of how my least works until 1st October but they seem very slow times being given!
West9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2019, 22:13   #17
DangerMUK
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post
.. I stand corrected

... it obviously has nothing to do with the Fact Volvo UK have sold the capacity allocated to them by the factory right up to week 46 production (Nov 11th onward).....or that the vehicles have to travel from the East of China to the UK through various checkpoints/borders, which takes around 8-10 weeks including time held at various points / time between the factory/train yards... but what do I know?...

It may well (and more than likely) be that other parts of Europe haven't sold their allocation yet and so there is a quicker lead time....
Are they making the XC60 in China now, were they always making it there? What about the XC90?

Possibly XC90
DangerMUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 00:00   #18
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMUK View Post
Are they making the XC60 in China now, were they always making it there? What about the XC90?
XC60 will be produced in China.

"According to the Chinese press 2018-2019 Volvo XC60 will be the first crossover of the company, which will be produced in China, and more specifically – on the Geely plant in Chengdu (Sichuan Province)."

Mine was made in Sweden thank god. I know that probably some will say that it really doesn't matter but for me to be honest it does matter and a lot. All i know and all i care is that mine, my model year, was still fabricated in Sweden. And that makes me happy. Future owners of the XC60 for sure they would prefer that the XC60 was made in Sweden.

XC90 for now there are no plans to relocate its production to China.

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; May 27th, 2019 at 00:02.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 01:57   #19
M16AMG

Default made in china

I have a 2018 s90 Made in China and the car is screwed together as well as the first ones made in Sweden . Geely is not going to have car Made In China bulit any different to those made elsewhere . Otherwise its wasted a lot of money buying Volvo. A lot of people have Apple products made in china but those are built well too ,
M16AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:37   #20
Chief inspector
Master Member

As I understand it, more of the Euro bound production will be moving to China, as Trump has slapped so much tax on imports from China, it now makes no sense to build the USA versions out there.

So I’m sure I read that the US model production is transferring to Europe so more European cars will be built in China instead.

Tags
delivery, hybrid, my20, xc60