Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Female in distress. New XC90 constant faulting

Views : 610

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2021, 08:42   #1
Mountaintoclimb

Exclamation Female in distress. New XC90 constant faulting

Desperately seeking help.

I bought a New XC90 B5 September 2019.
First main trip 12 days later, first faulted while driving on the motorway “ Car key not found Removed from car “ Immediately rang dealer only to be given the Volvo recovery number. Same fault on the way home.

Forward a year and a half to date 8th May 2021

All intermittent faulting - have many many photos and videos (sent to Volvo U.K and dealership in Leicester. )

Car occasionally doesn’t start! (Happened numerous times now)
Car occasionally doesn’t stop - engine doesn’t cut out when twist the centre knob. (Only happened recently )
Constant faulting message “ Car key not found Removed from car “ this can appear in motion at 70 miles an hour on a motorway or standing at traffic lights - no set pattern, rhyme or reason.
I’ve tried using all three fobs and it still faults regularly.

Centre display panel occasionally doesn’t come on.

Mobile phone connects very very occasionally.

Back air suspension totally collapsed.

Huge expel of air from underneath the car after making a deep humming sounding noise for about 30 seconds before the massive “hiss” .

The faulting seems to be escalating.

Volvo technicians fitted a Data logger. Never received a “straight “ answer to what it read - faulted with it fitted.

The car has been into the main Volvo dealership workshop at least 8 times for “fixing” - all the fobs have been in also three times. I’m sure it would have been more but for covid - keeping and driving the car for up to 3 weeks at anyone time. Putting miles and miles on the clock. Usually bringing it back with an empty tank!

Door handles, Antennas , Modules and the CEM have been replaced ,we are told .

We are also told “there isn’t a problem “ with your car But it continues to fault on a daily basis and continues to not start on occasions.
Tried to “ reject” the car early on which fell on deaf ears - dealership begging to Fix it one more time ......mountains of emails, back and forth to Volvo U.K with photos and videos attached.

It’s been a total nightmare dealing with Volvo U.K - we have taped telephone conversations, where on one occasion, seems Vijay from Volvo U.K admits there is a problem but then proceeds to say to take it to the garage for a 9th time to fix it again - after telling me I am in “ my consumer rights” to have a replacement or a refund after only 3 times for the same problem still occurring after it has been fixed!

Please can anyone out there Help with suggestion with what I do next, I’m petrified It’s not going to start when it’s needed the most.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited by Mountaintoclimb; May 8th, 2021 at 08:52.
Mountaintoclimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2021, 11:55   #2
XCR
Master Member

What does your solicitor advise ?
Old May 8th, 2021, 12:34   #3
Whippy
Premier Member

Speak to citizens advice first, or, if you have a solicitor speak to them. You've done the right thing in documenting your actions.
Old May 8th, 2021, 19:24   #4
scbamber

Not a good story to hear but far worse for you to experience.

I think you are in the wrong forum, and likely to get more and useful responses if it is moved to the forum for the newer XC90s like yours.

MODERATORS!! Please move thread for the OP
scbamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2021, 19:06   #5
Mountaintoclimb

Thanks - my whole experience so far has been a nightmare. Volvo for life! I’ve never had such appalling customer service from TMS Volvo , Leicester and Volvo U.K - their continuing response is for me to buy Another New Volvo and they would contribute £2000 towards it ! I’m no mechanic but I see a car that doesn’t start quite a big problem !
Old May 9th, 2021, 19:13   #6
Mountaintoclimb

I’ve used a solicitor for the last year but Volvo have all the replies!
Volvo technicians have changed many parts and it has been back to the dealership many times...When Volvo were asked “ why if you are saying there is no fault , why have you changed many parts?” Volvos answer is......” that was a gesture of goodwill”
They have an answer for everything since day one!
Old May 9th, 2021, 19:28   #7
cheshired5
Premier Member

As has already been mentioned, if your car was brand new in 2019, you've posted in the wrong section.
The correct section is here.
You never know, someone there may have had a resolution to a similar situation.
Old May 12th, 2021, 14:42   #8
XJSDriver
XJS Driver

This is really shocking and just re-enforces my thoughts on the political elite pushing on with self driving cars and yet manufacturers cannot self diagnose basic functions in a modern car. Hey ho.
XJSDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to XJSDriver For This Useful Post:
Old May 12th, 2021, 16:11   #9
Bonefishblues
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJSDriver View Post
This is really shocking and just re-enforces my thoughts on the political elite pushing on with self driving cars and yet manufacturers cannot self diagnose basic functions in a modern car. Hey ho.
That's a very random post if I may say so
Bonefishblues is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonefishblues For This Useful Post: