Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

FRF Motors (Volvo) Swansea

Views : 456349

Replies : 857

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 4th, 2020, 14:19   #811
colnet

Just another nail in the coffin for the post office, I haven't experienced any difficulties with other post companies ie dps, Hermes etc, the post office will be using the covid bulls##t excuse for the next couple of years if they last that long, they are a dinosaur so when the management strips it of every penny which won't be long it will die, good riddance to bad rubbish.
colnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4th, 2020, 17:21   #812
RS3100

Quote:
Originally Posted by colnet View Post
Just another nail in the coffin for the post office, I haven't experienced any difficulties with other post companies ie dps, Hermes etc, the post office will be using the covid bulls##t excuse for the next couple of years if they last that long, they are a dinosaur so when the management strips it of every penny which won't be long it will die, good riddance to bad rubbish.
Can't disagree, but I can't say that other couriers are always any better, at least in this country where a couldn't care less attitude seems to be endemic. I exclude our local DHL driver from that comment, but Hermes are absolutely hopeless.

Last week I had a parcel despatched from Germany. From the sender notifying DPD of a collection, to the parcel arriving at the UK gateway, took less than 12 hours. It took another three days for DPD UK to deliver it and update their tracking system to tell me that I had received it. Unfortunately I hadn't received it, and two days later whilst they were still telling me that their systems confirmed that I had accepted it, a very nice gentleman from a village several miles away turned up to hand over my parcel which had been delivered to him. At least he had the same house number.

Had a previous experience with DPD where the driver had just dumped the parcel on a random doorstep in a street a couple of hundred yards away from its destination, presumably because he was following his satnav which had directed him to the other side of a playing field to the address in question, and he couldn't be bothered to drive round to the right side.
RS3100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5th, 2020, 12:47   #813
Derek UK
VOC Member

I believe they are also using DHL and Interlink.
Derek UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2020, 11:17   #814
Bashy
Aged Member

Royal mail and it didn't get sent out til Friday (ordered Tuesday), that's bad, I could have had it at the latest Friday off of ebay, I won't be using them again.....
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 11:23   #815
Bashy
Aged Member

Really peeved now, postie has been and gone, no way should it take over a week for 1st class, need the blooming car for food shopping and to go get my prescription and now the dogs food is getting low,not the service I would expect from volvo, when I had to order the o-ring for the gearbox plug, I did that at the dealer near King's Lynn, that came in a couple of days, that's how its done......
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 11:33   #816
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Really peeved now, postie has been and gone, no way should it take over a week for 1st class, need the blooming car for food shopping and to go get my prescription and now the dogs food is getting low,not the service I would expect from volvo, when I had to order the o-ring for the gearbox plug, I did that at the dealer near King's Lynn, that came in a couple of days, that's how its done......
I understand your frustration but if the goods were posted on Friday ... why is it FRF's fault the Post Office has not yet delivered, I would have thought out of their hand once in the care of the post office?
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2020, 12:56   #817
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckbusUK View Post
I understand your frustration but if the goods were posted on Friday ... why is it FRF's fault the Post Office has not yet delivered, I would have thought out of their hand once in the care of the post office?
My main issue is that it wasnt shipped til Friday, i ordered Tuesday morning!

I spoke to them this morning and theyve offered to either refund of send another one, i said wait til tomorrow and see if it comes then, so they are being good in that respect, its just the late shipping, i feel had it gone out wednesday or thursday then it would be here now for sure

Last edited by Bashy; Jul 7th, 2020 at 12:58.
Bashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2020, 02:19   #818
Bashy
Aged Member

Last update, give FRF their due, the part came via DPD on a next day delivery at FRF cost, however the original part that was "sent on that Friday" still hasn't materialized 2.4 weeks now, so i feel i deffo had cause for concern.
Old Jul 17th, 2020, 03:07   #819
Bashy
Aged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashy View Post
Last update, give FRF their due, the part came via DPD on a next day delivery at FRF cost, however the original part that was "sent on that Friday" still hasn't materialized 2.4 weeks now, so i feel i deffo had cause for concern.
Updated: Its now been over 3 weeks and the original shipment has not arrived, had many more parcels ordered since and arrived on time with the posite, Deffo missing or sommat else...
Old Sep 6th, 2020, 19:19   #820
markas
VOC Member

Cool Phone or email?

Hi all,
I have used frf in the past and had no issues. I have tired a couple of times the 99 ending phone number and no Luck getting through I used to email directly before.

How is everyone getting sorted these days email or telephone and who is dealing with our parts request.
Thanks,
Mark
markas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discounted parts, frf, genuine parts, good service, mail order, simon, volvo parts