Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your x40 today???

Views : 1076755

Replies : 12937

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 26th, 2017, 00:30   #12201
Jebus
VOC Member

Not been in here for a while, mostly just diving the T4 always entertains , got all the new seals, slides etc in to rebuild the spare rear calipers and my evo calipers.

Finishing up painting them next few days couple more coats (nice and thin ones, so don't end up with a think goopy layer of paint)doing them one side at a time since not got anything to hang them off so doing on a bench.

Hope to have them painted, seals in etc and ready to get put on by the end of the week, will have to wait though since going to get new discs and pads for the rear as well and bank balance needs to recover a little bit, and I need to get the 940 behaving and former daily Vectra MOT so can keep it off the road for a few days so can get underside cleaned up as well.

The joy of cars!

2005 S60 2.0T the baby T5
Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jebus For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 27th, 2017, 14:34   #12202
RobertP
RobertP

Default Driver's side wiper

Following a tip on this forum, spent an afternoon trying various ways to stop the wiper arm fouling the bonnet edge. In the end, used a red fibre washer, which seems to have done the job. Now to see how long it lasts. The main problem was finding something not too thick, as I couldn't get the 'C' clip in with my first few attempts. This car has cost me nearly £1000 (and more to come) in the past month, so was pleased to get something fixed at no cost.
RobertP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RobertP For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2017, 12:41   #12203
grow junkie
S40 T4 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Fitted a new tip on my exhaust
It's Warrior... just saying brother.
grow junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to grow junkie For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 29th, 2017, 23:15   #12204
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Bought a Subaru Impreza WRX 3 weeks ago to replace my T4. Wrote out the for sale advert, took pictures of it.

Drove the Impreza for 3 weeks and decided I didnt like it so put it on eBay and as of Tuesday Ill be back in my T4.

First time in 2 years ill have daily driven it since the headgasket problem 2 years ago thats now fixed with a new engine.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 30th, 2017, 01:37   #12205
Haizum74
Master Member

I revisited my drop link replacement because I decided in my infinite wisdom to not check that I had the right sized spanner (I didn't) and the only thing I had was a piece of metal usually used for turning nuts on a push bike and decided that would suffice (It didn't). There was a lot of noise coming from that side.

Turns out that due to said ****ty metal bike spanner, I had clearly not tightened them enough. A trip to Halfrauds and all sorted. I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antz View Post
Bought a Subaru Impreza WRX 3 weeks ago to replace my T4. Wrote out the for sale advert, took pictures of it.

Drove the Impreza for 3 weeks and decided I didnt like it so put it on eBay and as of Tuesday Ill be back in my T4.

First time in 2 years ill have daily driven it since the headgasket problem 2 years ago thats now fixed with a new engine.
You know it makes sense.

'08 V50 2.0D
Haizum74 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Haizum74 For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 31st, 2017, 20:18   #12206
clarkey1984
Premier Member

After my front bumper issue the other day I spotted that's it's buggered a bit of the paint on the wing, the same place which had that weird spot weld on it before the respray, so after panel wiping and a small dusting of etch primer I stuck some p38 in there and then after sanding back i applied a temp coat of the only paint I could find at work that wasn't matt black or white, which was a can of rustoleum hard hat red, apparently really good paint, so rattled a little of that on, obviously the wrong colour but it'll do until I order more orange later in the week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0603.jpg (40.9 KB, 10 views)
Old Aug 2nd, 2017, 14:32   #12207
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Day two of driving the T4 daily again.

Its like wearing an old pair of comfortable, slightly funky smelling and spider ridden trousers.

Suspension seems to be knocking like holy hell. Cant figure out why. Doesn't sound like droplinks or top mounts. Will have to investigate.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 09:22   #12208
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:

Suspension seems to be knocking like holy hell. Cant figure out why. Doesn't sound like droplinks or top mounts. Will have to investigate.
Or maybe the passenger front caliper was falling off. That'd cause it to knock quite badly.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antz For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 3rd, 2017, 19:33   #12209
canis
Non Fragile

Quote:
Or maybe the passenger front caliper was falling off. That'd cause it to knock quite badly.
Yeah, some passengers you really need to keep an eye on. Fiddling with the vents, messing with the stereo, unbolting the calipers ... It's why seatbelts are a good idea - strap 'em down!
canis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to canis For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 6th, 2017, 17:32   #12210
3rk5

I need new tires and I'm wondering if 205/55 tires on a 16" wheel will fit on a Phase 1 V40 or will it rub?
I had 205/45 Toyo Proxes T1R tires before but the roads are so bad here that one blew because of a pothole.
3rk5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 3rk5 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bacont4, bananahammock, mp3, mp3s, rubbisht4s, uttergarbage