Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

SC-805 Hack For iPod/ iPhone

Views : 15474

Replies : 58

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2015, 01:54   #51
druid
V40 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobG65 View Post
960kg,

My search for info has opened your thread showing how to add the Aux input.
The info in the text is just what I've been looking for but I can't open the attachments, Have they been removed or am I missing something.

Thanks for any help

Bob

PS, Just found your post to BOOTS but still can't find the pics.

Ok I kept going. Thanks KG found 'em.
I gather that a forum move resulted in the loss of photo's and attachments.

An MS Warior living one day at a time
"Neville" 207,000 so far. Water use 0 - oil negligible....
druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2015, 19:09   #52
Stumo

Talking

Its been a while since you posted this, but I cannot seem to open the attachments. I have tried many different positions in attaching the input, as you say they all sound awful. If you can help me in opening these attachments, I will be forever grateful !!
Stumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2015, 19:18   #53
960kg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumo View Post
Its been a while since you posted this, but I cannot seem to open the attachments. I have tried many different positions in attaching the input, as you say they all sound awful. If you can help me in opening these attachments, I will be forever grateful !!
I don`t frequent often now but i see you needed the pics.

The Maplins page is now here for the capacitors:

Here they are:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Channels.jpg (388.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Soldered Wires.jpg (412.1 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6822.JPG (275.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF6820.JPG (160.9 KB, 34 views)

Mercedes C320CDI Sport Estate 3 litre V6 7 Gear Auto
Remap 290bhp 628Nm torque @ 1600revs 45.1mpg

Last edited by 960kg; Nov 18th, 2015 at 19:34.
960kg is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 960kg For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 18th, 2015, 20:39   #54
borland

just get this thing:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-iPad...our+volvo+ipod
plugs into the CD changer + power with ZERO hassle. you get full control over your Ipad from the radio head unit + USB, Aux, SD card slot and bluetooth. Had this fitted to my T4 in 10 minutes.
borland is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to borland For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 31st, 2017, 08:49   #55
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Schematic diag is now missing, but you'll work it out. I bought the Yatour thingy before doing htsi hack so have both, but frankly only use the hack, better quality and my phone (because it has a screen) has better sorting and clarity and continuous updating of playlists etc etc, and more capacity. My lad can sit in the back and DJ the MP3s... god 'elp me.

Yatour was a waste of money. My SatNav handles the 'hands-free' (most have htis function) so all in all this mod brings me up to date with anything later cars have for Handsfree/ SatNav & MP3 use.

Thank you again 960kg

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Mar 31st, 2017 at 08:53.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CNGBiFuel For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 12th, 2018, 17:44   #56
deepupn

Default Orange capacitors

Hi,

I am planning to follow 960kg's tutorial in hacking my Volvo v70 head unit- HC 805. I have trouble finding the orange drop capacitors you mentioned. I know its been long time since you have done this. I saw this ebay ad. The uf value and the voltage is similar to this hack.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263233145...r=562229185584.

I am not an expert in electronics so I have question for which I have attached a picture. Could anyone comment on what those two wires circled in red are for?

If I am correct. two wires come are soldered on the right and left channel which is then attached to the one pin of the capacitors. To the other pin we attach the stereo socket. One thing I don't understand and once again here comes my ignorance. In the photo, it is shown that both capacitors are connected to yellow and white RCA cables. So these female RCA connectors will then connect to the male stereo jack plug which in turn is connected to the mobile phone. in the picture I also dont see any earth wire.

Before posting any harsh comments, please forgive my ignorance. I don't want to try any other options like bluetooth or yatour. Why so many questions is that I just want to confirm everything before I dive in to it.

I highly appreciate your time and if possible could you please let me know if the ebay one is okay or if there are other online stores I could buy from. I am in Finland.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Schematic diag is now missing, but you'll work it out. I bought the Yatour thingy before doing htsi hack so have both, but frankly only use the hack, better quality and my phone (because it has a screen) has better sorting and clarity and continuous updating of playlists etc etc, and more capacity. My lad can sit in the back and DJ the MP3s... god 'elp me.

Yatour was a waste of money. My SatNav handles the 'hands-free' (most have htis function) so all in all this mod brings me up to date with anything later cars have for Handsfree/ SatNav & MP3 use.

Thank you again 960kg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cap. Wiring.jpg (327.8 KB, 5 views)
deepupn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9th, 2020, 11:45   #57
RollingThunder
Grumpy Old Git

Reawakening a very old thread I know, but I'm going to try this hack soon as I need an aux input to my SC-805 to hook up a Pure DAB unit... and I'm useless at electronics

Can someone who has done this confirm something for me please -

1. It seems that each left/right channel fly lead is connected to one end of the 2.2uf capacitor, with the other end going to a flylead connected to the female 3.5mm jack. I've seen a few writeups that omit the caps - are they fitted just to protect the connected device?

2. Am I right in thinking that the other lead for each channel goes directly from the female jack to the ground point and does not need a cap?

Thanks
Old Jul 8th, 2021, 19:17   #58
Drumeo

Reawakening the thread once more having carried out a successful hack as per 960kg instructions. Left and right channel has individual 2.2uF 250V caps soldered in and the ground cable is clamped down with the screw next to the antenna socket.

These are the caps I used: https://www.switchelectronics.co.uk/2-2uf-250v-metallised-polyester-film-capacitor-10

I believe the caps are there to filter and protect the device at the other end?

Anyway, it works perfectly! I've plugged my 3.5mm jack into a bluetooth audio dongle thing so I can pair any phone with it to play tunes or whatever. I used a dummy cassette with the tape removed and reels left in.

Massive thank you for making my 4 hour trip to Cornwall tomorrow more pleasant!!

Sam
Drumeo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drumeo For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 25th, 2023, 21:03   #59
Pockits

Default im sorry for my incompetence!

hello all i got myself a sc-805 imported to me from the uk and i want to do this hack! couple of questions:

1: everyone is talking about grounds but what am i grounding, both channels?

2: do i need those rca out cables to make it work or can i just use a male ended aux cable?

3: what is bridging the capacitors? i know 1 end goes to the aux 1 end goes to the channels in the radio but what is the bridge between the capacitor?

Thanks in advance i hope someone can shed some light on this for me thank you!!
Pockits is offline   Reply With Quote