Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Resto-mod XC90 Project

Views : 3805

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 15:32   #21
kylespk

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Brennand View Post
I had a similar problem on my XC70 a couple of years ago. I went to my local (excellent) garage where they had a "special kit" for removing any of these. Charged me a fiver ! Decided that these "locking nut heads" were in fact made of soft chocolate and replaced them all with normal nuts figuring that no one is going to steal 15 y.o. kerbed and scraped alloys !
My garage man said that the AA/RAC usually carry these kits too - so could try that option.
Thanks for the advice. I will check my local tomorrow. I am definitely going to remove all the locking nuts as well.
kylespk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 17:29   #22
Father Ted
Master Member

Had similar on my V70 couple of years back. Took it to the garage I usually use for tyres. The only way we got them released was my son with foot on brake, guy with a very long breaker bar, leaning his not inconsiderable weight on it and me on the floor pressing both feet against the socket to stop it slipping off.
It worked, even with a worn "key".
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 19:49   #23
ts72

You did a cracking job cleaning up that seat, can you remember which furniture clinic products you used?
ts72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 20:03   #24
kylespk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Ted View Post
Had similar on my V70 couple of years back. Took it to the garage I usually use for tyres. The only way we got them released was my son with foot on brake, guy with a very long breaker bar, leaning his not inconsiderable weight on it and me on the floor pressing both feet against the socket to stop it slipping off.
It worked, even with a worn "key".
Thanks for the advice. Yeah I think I will try my local wrench monkey this week. I have also tried it with the key, hammer and a really long pry bar with no luck. Hopefullly they have the 'special tool' to remove the nut.
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 20:05   #25
kylespk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts72 View Post
You did a cracking job cleaning up that seat, can you remember which furniture clinic products you used?
www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/‎

They have some great youtube videos that accompany their products. I was reluctant to take on the job myself but BOY was it easy albeit time consuming.

We used the leather coulouring kit as I had some repair to the drivers seat that didnt quite match the existing leather

https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Colourant_Kit

Fast delivery as well. Still have some left over product so I have some repair stock.

Last edited by kylespk; Jun 3rd, 2018 at 20:13.
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 20:12   #26
ts72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylespk View Post
www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/‎

They have some great youtube videos that accompany their products. I was reluctant to take on the job myself but BOY was it easy albeit time consuming.

Fast delivery as well. Still have some left over product so I have some repair stock.
Sounds good, my front seats are looking a little tired now at 135000 miles and nearly 14 years of use, could use some TLC. Did you get a particular product or kit from them; I see they have a selection of different products, was just wondering which one(s) you bought.
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 20:17   #27
kylespk

Default Furniture Clinic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts72 View Post
Sounds good, my front seats are looking a little tired now at 135000 miles and nearly 14 years of use, could use some TLC. Did you get a particular product or kit from them; I see they have a selection of different products, was just wondering which one(s) you bought.
Hey mate,

Sorry I reread your question and updated the thread. However,

https://www.furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Colourant_Kit

in Beige was the exact and ONLY kit I bought from them to do the whole job. ONe kit will do about two seats (sparingly) so I would get 2 kits minimum for 5 seats 3 if you are doing seven.
The Following User Says Thank You to kylespk For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 20:19   #28
ts72

Thats awesome info mate, much appreciated.
Old Jun 3rd, 2018, 23:05   #29
wilssp2009
willsp2009

Where did you get the lower torque mount bushes from ?
wilssp2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4th, 2018, 08:16   #30
kylespk

Default Torque mount bushes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilssp2009 View Post
Where did you get the lower torque mount bushes from ?
From eBay 'Parts Monster' store.

http://www.partsmonster.co.uk/volvo-...it-14689-p.asp

Above is their website. I went through ebay to avoid unnecessary shipping charges.

£12.50 delivered