Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New v90 owner questions

Views : 2075

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 2nd, 2019, 23:11   #11
Geordiesteve

Thanks again Daverey,

I will load a map and check as I wasn't sure how it
Showed when sent from VOC.

I will only use the data sim for the same as you as I'm not really a Spotify guy!
Did you say free 200mb?

Last point. How do I cannect to home WiFi for map updates etc?

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverey View Post
If you've already sent the destination to the car - either from the VOC app or from the Here Maps site - then in mine sometimes I get a notification on the main Sensus screen saying "New destination received", although not all the time.

However, from the satnav/maps display, click on "new destination" or "enter destination" and then "library", and it should be at the top of the list with the address and "sent to car" displayed.

My On call subscription was 3 years from purchase date by me, and not from registration, so I would imagine you get the 3 years from Friday.

With the data SIM it depends on what you want to use it for. I'm a bit of a dinosaur and have all my music on a USB thumb drive and listen to it that way, so my only data consumption is for things like the weather app, Glympse, llive traffic info etc, all of which uses very little data. For this the free Three 200Mb SIM is always more than enough, and I just ensure I update the maps and apps over USB or over home Wifi when parked on the drive. If you want to use the car's modem to stream via TuneIn or Spotify, or to download map updates etc, then you'll need to buy one with a much bigger data allowance.
Geordiesteve is offline   Reply With Quote