Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

hids or upgrade bulbs?

Views : 5213

Replies : 59

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 19th, 2015, 17:43   #41
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by druid View Post
Wife is having lessons and was told there is no need to indicate to pass a parked vehicle!
There was me thinking that it helps the car behind understand why your swerving into oncoming traffic.

I don't understand the world anymore................
Let's get that one straight... you only indicate to turn, or to change lanes... you don't indicate to move out further into the road. If the road is narrow, you slow down and wait for the road to be clear and then go.

Meanwhile some f**king c**tychops behind you thinks he's Ayrton Senna and deduces that you've obviously parked up halfway across the f**king road, and floors it and then has to slam on to avoid smashing into your driver's door, and then honks as if it's your fault for driving properly. Yes, this has happened to me.

Last edited by baldmosher; Mar 19th, 2015 at 17:47.
baldmosher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to baldmosher For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 17:46   #42
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

My current pet hate is people using the left of two lanes when they intend to turn right at a roundabout.

It's even more galling when it's a HGV doing it, but at least you can see that coming, and get around them more easily. The big Tenax/Ashburton/Village roundabout in Trafford Park is awful for this... so is the Regent Road/M602 roundabout, they changed the lane markings last year so now the left 2 of 3 lanes are clearly marked to get traffic out onto the M602 (second exit... MUCH safer and more sensible for traffic flow) but people STILL swerve across to go into Salford from the left lane. It's so flippin' dangerous and I'm amazed there aren't more accidents. The last one I saw to do this was a driving instructor!!!!

Last edited by baldmosher; Mar 19th, 2015 at 17:48.
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 17:52   #43
kieran40
I've Been Banned

I had some ol tw@t nearly take the front of my car off today set of lights 2 lanes to go ahead him in his left lane and me in the right lane, he proceeded to cut across me no indicator no nothing I couldn't beleive it when he started comming into my lane lol. Good job at least one of us was awake. He wasn't even aware I was around I don't think classic case of not indicating and not looking in youre mirrors what a Richard, times like that I wish I had a old land rover defender take the back end of his Astra out lol
kieran40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 18:03   #44
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

...I thought you had a Volvo?

That said running people off the road even if it's their fault tends to be frowned upon by insurance companies

It's not a bad idea if you're short of cash and don't mind lying about your whiplash though
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baldmosher For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 18:09   #45
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldmosher View Post
...I thought you had a Volvo?

That said running people off the road even if it's their fault tends to be frowned upon by insurance companies

It's not a bad idea if you're short of cash and don't mind lying about your whiplash though
Yep plus I don't want to wreck my car Tom tempting though if you had a big old defender lol I don't know what happend there he just appeared and I crunched him under my lovely metal bumper lol
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 18:15   #46
baldmosher
moshmobile driver

I've avoided countless collisions with idiots since I bought the first Volvo, and I (hopefully) don't think anyone has had to avoid a collision with me so far. I think driving a nice big Swedish car helps you to be more cautious and defensive. Then you make up for it on the motorway effing and blinding at lanehogs and The Unobservant.
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 19:03   #47
Spetsnaz GSh
Master Member

Anyone know the roundabouts on the A14 around Huntingdon?

I think its physically impossible for people to stay in one lane whilst going around the roundabout.

I always stay in the outside lane with the intention of going straight on in the outside lane. Yet, people in the inside lane do fantastically dangerous inside to outside to inside manoeuvres - normally whilst I'm just about to pass them.

eurgh....I guess its impossible to counter other peoples stupidity...

2003 Volvo S40 T4 Sport
Anthracite Arcadias - OEM Strut Brace - Full 3" Exhaust System & 200 Cell Cat - Ashok's Custom Remap (1.35bar) - Earl's Performance Turbo Oil Feed - Ph1 Air Deflection Trims - Business Pack - Winter Pack - HID Xenon Headlamps
Spetsnaz GSh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spetsnaz GSh For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 19th, 2015, 20:44   #48
kieran40
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spetsnaz GSh View Post
Anyone know the roundabouts on the A14 around Huntingdon?

I think its physically impossible for people to stay in one lane whilst going around the roundabout.

I always stay in the outside lane with the intention of going straight on in the outside lane. Yet, people in the inside lane do fantastically dangerous inside to outside to inside manoeuvres - normally whilst I'm just about to pass them.

eurgh....I guess its impossible to counter other peoples stupidity...
You just have to drive like everyone else on the road is a Richard mate and battle through I keep away from people now keep a decent distance so I've got time to react today if I had been close he would have hit me . Once they get in their cars they are in their own world I.m.o and have little regard. Tonight at the petrol station I had just come out from paying started the car and this woman in a mazda instead of waiting was pushing her way in lol I was sitting there thinking wo wo what you doing the pump isint going to run away. Idiots mate
Old Mar 21st, 2015, 20:07   #49
villar4sotrondio

Guess who was driving without any lights at dusk this evening in the M74... a Police car!!

I give up
Old Mar 21st, 2015, 20:55   #50
V40DSchariot
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villar4sotrondio View Post
Guess who was driving without any lights at dusk this evening in the M74... a Police car!!

I give up
Sounds about right!
V40DSchariot is offline   Reply With Quote