Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S40 2008 1.8 petrol - Parking Sensors

Views : 569

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 18th, 2019, 11:00   #1
s40sinred

Post S40 2008 1.8 petrol - Parking Sensors

Hi All,

I am looking for help with fitting some rear parking sensors to my 2008 S4.
The process is simple enough, Drill holes into bumper, with provided hole saw. Run wires upto control box and plug beeper in and mount using sticky tape.
My problem is, the control box is designed to get power from the reverse bulb wire, s that when you go in reverse the sensors turn on.
So my question is how do i figure out which wire is the reverse bulb.
I have had a look and all the wires are different colours so i would imagine there should be a diagram somewhere to tell me but i cant find anything?!

Any help would be appreciated
s40sinred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 11:43   #2
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile right connection

There should be a wire that runs from the rem (im assuming here that the S40 has such a module, but suspect it does) that runs out to the reversing lamp (s) in the light clusters (does it have one or 2?), if you check the colour of the wire coming into the plug on the lamp holder end, then find the same wire on the rem end, youll just need tosplice into this and the chassis (assuming it drives to +12v to light the lamp(s), check with a dvm on voltage range first to chassis and see what you rear with/without the lamp on.

Somewhere on here someone put a link to some wiring diagrams but probably easiest method is to figure it out (knkwing the wire colour helps tho)

post some pics of what you have there, the rem is probably on the left or right side behind the bootliner.

Re cutting holes in the bumper, the plastic used is a bit 'chewy', so best done with a hole cutter tool you wind in with a spanner, what size hole is the sensor , i have one for the std volvo sensors, will post a pic if youre interested.
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thassos For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 18th, 2019, 11:56   #3
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile p74

Have a look here on page 74, think GN/BLK (green/black) is the clue of the day..

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/53...page=74#manual
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thassos For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 20:37   #4
s40sinred

Thumbs up Done it - Many thanks to both who replied!

I did it in the end, It was indeed the Green black wire. Of course i cut the one that fed the other lamp not the one straight to the ignition but they are in and work amazingly well. They were only £18 too!

Thank you for the assistance, very much appreciated
s40sinred is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to s40sinred For This Useful Post:

Tags
bumper, diy, parkingsensors, retrofit, s40